Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Hello all!

Lingyai said:
4 Skin inspections???? Were the instructors closet rainbow types by any chance? I was trained at Raleigh, the beginning of a great life of adventure..... Yaarrrr I love life (especialy mine)
In fact I am in such a damn good mood with life I could vomit.
You RR folks have a really great day and thanks for giving me some entertainment whilst floating about here off the coast of Norway....

Ah Norway... off there again in 3 weeks time, then to Iceland.

Our instructors all had wives Lingyai - it was just the way things were in those grim days! Raleigh? If you had run away from Raleigh you'd just have got your wrist slapped! :lol:

Now, Junior Jenny, no more G for now... But you know how addictive it is. Incidentally my friend Seacat say's he's spotted your ensign on the Ganges Forum. I'm afraid you won't find me there any more - too tired of the infighting! The committee should settle it in the boxing ring, like the old days! That would be a sight to see! They could do it for the Mast Fund.

Hello again all!

Just thought I'd keep you all informed, wether you care or not :p

Had my psychometrics today. Passed, and they had a slot open tomorrow for the interview and medical... so what the hell, i took it.

Shatting myself and trying to get things sorted. Hopefully all will go well.

Got a long wait afterwards though... 9 month waiting list apparantly :(

I suggest you spend that 9 months getting your fitness up (you thought I was about to say "having a baby" didn't you), you really want to crack the 1.5 mile run, 23 pressups, 39 situps and sprint as soon as possible when you get there (preferably on the first go if you can manage it). If you're fit then Raleigh is a piece of piss, seriously.

Yello everyone.

Well, Interview was fine, all went well. Medical went fine too... except what i was expecting... Nothings going any farther until i lose some weight..... Highly annoying with a 9 month waiting list :( Just adds to the time its gonna take :(
Arsebuscuits.

It's a disappointment at the moment, definitely. But when you get to Raleigh you will be so glad you lost the weight and increased your fitness - it's worth it for basic training.

BlackDwarf said:
Yello everyone.

Well, Interview was fine, all went well. Medical went fine too... except what i was expecting... Nothings going any farther until i lose some weight..... Highly annoying with a 9 month waiting list :( Just adds to the time its gonna take :(
Arsebuscuits.

You will be so pleased that you have lost the weight , worth it in the long run , :roll:

Hi Royals
After serving in the Corp and the Army (sorry lads) i was discharged for serious knee problems , i,ve never asked for helpand have always been a worker but things got so bad after many knee ops and bone graphs and more to come i applied for a war pension only to be turned down , by the mod and am now in the proceess of a tribunal service appeal which is coming up in the next few weeks , can anyone give advice that may help ,many thanks lads .

Latest Threads