Hello all RN Elite

Deeps

War Hero
Just joined and i see there are no posts from the Submarine service . So here goes , i have come from the Army rumour service .I am an ex-submariner who is in the army now . Any arrsers here i am paveway-3 on arrse . Best of luck with this site , and lets all hope its as good as arrse . cheers shippers!

Deeps said:
Just joined and i see there are no posts from the Submarine service . So here goes , i have come from the Army rumour service .I am an ex-submariner who is in the army now . Any arrsers here i am paveway-3 on arrse . Best of luck with this site , and lets all hope its as good as arrse . cheers shippers!

Are YOU the one with dolphins on your service dress?

Deeps

War Hero
Oh dear that is worrying . You would not believe the hassle i used to get
for wearing my Dolphins from some of the army . I wear them with pride as they are a decoration as well as being a qualifcation .

PartTimer

War Hero
I may have know you too. If you're the same person then we would have been in the same division at Dartmouth (though you were somewhat senior to myself), and I met you at RMAS at the passing out of the Vicars and Tarts course.

I thought the dolphins looked great - and you're quite entitled to wear them.

Deeps

War Hero
Sorry old boy not me , i am an NCO i do believe there is one other chap in the army who was a submariner , he is an officer in the RA .

PartTimer

War Hero
Well Deeps, there must be a 3rd then! The chap I know isn't RA (and neither is he one of the in one of the Regiments/Corps normally associated with the Vicars and Tarts course). As I implied, he wears his dolphins too.

Deeps

War Hero
Roger , i wonder how many there are then .I have never met anyone , the RA guy i was told about was a few years ago .I might of got his corp wrong as well .

plant-pilot

Midshipman
I thought you went submariner if you couldn't swim. I could be wrong mind, it's happened before.

Even in the Engineers we prefer things to float if at all possible. :wink:

Dangermouse

Badgeman
'Floating' is definately over-rated. :lol:

BTW there is a least one Officer and one OR in RDG qualified to wear the 'kissing-kippers' (well, have you ever seen a Dolphin with scales?). No, they are not ex-RN. They both qualified on attachment to the Super'B' in 2000.

:wink:

Deeps

War Hero
I have heard about those RDG'S it was all a bit of PR , ok they did there part 3 on the boat , but they didnt do the SETT .So they are not qualified submariners . A bit like paras not doing there jumps course .

Latest Threads