Hello all RN Elite

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Deeps, Feb 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just joined and i see there are no posts from the Submarine service . So here goes , i have come from the Army rumour service .I am an ex-submariner who is in the army now . Any arrsers here i am paveway-3 on arrse . Best of luck with this site , and lets all hope its as good as arrse . cheers shippers!

2. Are YOU the one with dolphins on your service dress?

3. I am , have we met ?

4. I have heard of you, you are famous!!

5. Oh dear that is worrying . You would not believe the hassle i used to get
    for wearing my Dolphins from some of the army . I wear them with pride as they are a decoration as well as being a qualifcation .

6. I may have know you too. If you're the same person then we would have been in the same division at Dartmouth (though you were somewhat senior to myself), and I met you at RMAS at the passing out of the Vicars and Tarts course.

I thought the dolphins looked great - and you're quite entitled to wear them.

7. Sorry old boy not me , i am an NCO i do believe there is one other chap in the army who was a submariner , he is an officer in the RA .

8. Well Deeps, there must be a 3rd then! The chap I know isn't RA (and neither is he one of the in one of the Regiments/Corps normally associated with the Vicars and Tarts course). As I implied, he wears his dolphins too.

9. Roger , i wonder how many there are then .I have never met anyone , the RA guy i was told about was a few years ago .I might of got his corp wrong as well .

10. I thought you went submariner if you couldn't swim. I could be wrong mind, it's happened before.

Even in the Engineers we prefer things to float if at all possible. :wink:

11. 'Floating' is definately over-rated. :lol:

BTW there is a least one Officer and one OR in RDG qualified to wear the 'kissing-kippers' (well, have you ever seen a Dolphin with scales?). No, they are not ex-RN. They both qualified on attachment to the Super'B' in 2000.

:wink:

12. I have heard about those RDG'S it was all a bit of PR , ok they did there part 3 on the boat , but they didnt do the SETT .So they are not qualified submariners . A bit like paras not doing there jumps course .

13. More like infamous. :wink: :wink:

14. Hmm! I may be getting on a bit and my mind may tricks on me occassionally, but I'm sure the RDG guys did do SETT before we left the UK. Even if they hadn't done SETT, it takes nothing away from their achievement. They spent a full 3 months working with us (and yes they did stand their full quota of watches). They both achieved Good passes on their Part III boards too.

15. Good on them , i have a few mates in the RDG and they are only down the road from me so i shall have to enquire . If they did the tank well i shall wind my neck in .

16. Take a goooooood deeeeeeeep breath.
    Tap Tap....Tap Tap!
    Lovely warm clear water, lots of it. The worst part of doing the SETT was the death by vu graph lectures in the forenoon (shiver me timbers, I can still come out with jacky expressions).

17. Take a goooooood deeeeeeeep breath.
    Tap Tap....Tap Tap!
    Lovely warm clear water, lots of it. The worst part of doing the SETT was the death by vu graph lectures in the forenoon (shiver me timbers, I can still come out with jacky expressions).

18. 8O
    HTFFDTH.
    I only pressed send once, honest guys! :lol:

19. Oh Gawd it's that site with 80kb for each of its 1 sq.inch graphics........
    I'll have a look when it's finished loading tomorrow