Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

hello all Booties!!

Spenny,
Just think of your current situation as an opportunity! A couple of snappers and a restless wife! You don't know how lucky you are! As any of those who use this board will confirm, one of the hardest things to deal with is sleep depravation! And you have the temerity to winge about this extra-curricular training that you are geting for free!
You don't say how old your kids are, but take advantage of every moment you have with them - they are only young once, never to be repeated - and I missed mine growing up! As for your wife, hugs and snugs in the bedroom, so that she falls asleep in your arms. One of the most secure positions for her to be in. (OK, I know that one of the others is right leg over left shoulder, but that's for another time! Kerist, don't you lot ever think of anything else??)

Aye,

OSD

Re the yobs not giving you bother, Its something Ive noticed at the RN/RM club near my work. The ex-Bootys that go there (regardless of there age) still look switched on and able to handle themselves. You can see it in their eyes.
Just as an aside, when I mentioned to an old oppo that I had found this board, he said, "I suppose your 'handle' will be somthing like 9mil with Attitude!". I settled for oldseadog or OSD to give the impression of a rather genteel, semi-retired seafarer.

Allegedly, appearances can be deceptive!

OSD

oldseadog said:
Spenny,
Just think of your current situation as an opportunity! A couple of snappers and a restless wife! You don't know how lucky you are! As any of those who use this board will confirm, one of the hardest things to deal with is sleep depravation! And you have the temerity to winge about this extra-curricular training that you are geting for free!
You don't say how old your kids are, but take advantage of every moment you have with them - they are only young once, never to be repeated - and I missed mine growing up! As for your wife, hugs and snugs in the bedroom, so that she falls asleep in your arms. One of the most secure positions for her to be in. (OK, I know that one of the others is right leg over left shoulder, but that's for another time! Kerist, don't you lot ever think of anything else??)

Aye,

OSD

Cheers 9Mil with attitude!! :wink:

One thing Ive definitely got plenty of experience of is sleep deprevation!! Another "skill" ticked of the booty checklist then!!

My girls are 8 and 2 - magic they are too. Its one of the "conditions" of me joining the RMR - every moment spent with them is quality time every moment not is a chance to train harder!!!

Latest Threads