hello all Booties!!

nutty_bag

War Hero
the latter mate!! Been a bit out of the loop for quite a few years now, just interested to hear whats occuring on the grapevine. it's all seemed to have changed now although i'm sure theres the usual kit shortages etc (pull up a sandbag men)

nutty_bag

War Hero
No problem spenny.
You shouldn't be sitting in front of your P.C though mate, should be out doing the phys to earn that lid. What stage in the game are you at the moment??

Hello matey, met up with some potential recruits from RMR London on Wednesday night for a beer. Lucky buggers are undertaking selection on the 27th some pre selection nerves as RMFA scores weren't all that on last phys sesh before the weekend, they'll be alright though.

Apparently there were a lot of new cap comforters around so looks like a good pass rate from Phase 1.

All the best and appreciate offer of help

nutty_bag

War Hero
take it that was for me beowulf??
Dont know where you are in the game but as i'm sure your aware the potential phase is quite easy comparetively. It used to be worked around the USMC fitness test with the usual bog standard BFT etc. As i said, it might have changed, but one thing is for sure the beastings will be as vigorous as ever.
Yeah there probably will be alot of new cap comforters about but you just watch the numbers steadily decline from now on in phase 2. Injuries, whining girlfriends, S.T.I's etc.

Hi Nutty Bag, too true there was only three guys in Phase 2 training, not sure how they got on though.

Although I did hear that 13 recruits from RMR Mersey passed the commando course and got their lids. One of the most sucessful passes ever apparently.

nutty_bag

War Hero
Yeah that is alot.
Remember RMR Mersey being quite a large unit with all it's Dets, did an exercise with them donkies ago and had a couple of oppos from my CDO course from there. Good lads, just bolt everything down thats worth anything. It shows the green lid is attainable. I have an oppo who was 33 when he did his CDO course, having done P Coy years before that. A legend in his own lunch hour.

nutty_bag said:
No problem spenny.
You shouldn't be sitting in front of your P.C though mate, should be out doing the phys to earn that lid. What stage in the game are you at the moment??

Wish I was at home mate - unfortunately Im at work, although I did cycle in and have a workout in the gym beforehand. Ive still to cycle home too.

Im currently about to join holding troop, so just in the very early stages mate - im 30 years old in a few weeks too, so obviously like a challenge :D

Its good to know there are guys like yourself out there, willing to encourage and offer advice/guidance to new Recruits. Its a powerful recruiting tool, as its obviously very easy to become disheartened when you pushing your body to its physical limits and jack.

Good skills mate.

nutty_bag

War Hero
hello mate
I'm 33 and still do the phys although my interests lie elsewhere now. I was 19 when i did my course but as i said an oppo was older than you and did it. With age comes maturity! Sounds like your on the right track as far a phys is concerned. Lots of variation (swimming, cycling, circuits and LOTS of running) is the key to success so that you dont get bored with the regime. The more phys that you do, the easier the beasting sessions will become. Try not to worry about running with any weight at the moment because of injuries. I cant comment on training weekends experiences and SF stuff because of OPSEC but i would gladly give advice.

Roger that mate. All fitness tips very much appreciated though!!

My current schedule is as follows.

Mon/Wed/Fri - 2 x 5 mile cycles (to work and home) and 1hr circuit training

Tue - 5 Mile run (hilly route) with aprox 10lb daysack (paperwork and clothes from work so not carrying weight for the sake of it.)

Thurs - Rest

Saturday - Hillwalking or cross county running with hillsprints

Sunday - Rest

I am not running much as I injured my leg after crashing my motorbike. I will begin to increase this gradually though and also add swimming into my schedule.

Yeah I hope that at 30 I will be more mentally prepared for the course. I understand that the staff will most likely leadership qualities from me (that is not meant as a big headed comment, just common sense when the majortiy of the lads are a lot younger than you) but I have no problem that. I suppose its just a case of head down, get stuck in and stick together to get through it all..................Oh and smile no matter what :D