Hello 2014

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BillyNoMates, Dec 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In preparation for the mandatory piss-ups and celebrations this evening - please find enclosed a thread in which to post your New Years Eve party-hearty-Marty photographs, if you feel the need. I'm bimbling off with a load of scouse bastards later on this afternoon/evening for a sherbert or two. You really don't want to see me dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow, but I'll assault your eyeballs with whatever photos are snapped in the fullness of time. All other contributions will be most welcome.

I double dare you.
  2. Have you been released from the loft or will the party be up there to 'break in' the new flooring?

Happy New Year to one and all!
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

What you mean "This evening?" I'm already there and on it...... :)
  4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

ImageUploadedByNavy Net - Rum Ration1388479542.113873.jpg

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Captain Billy Sparrow 2013-2014

Apparently - I'm supposed to stagger around Plymouth (followed by someone's house), looking like this:-

.....we shall see.
  6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Staying in.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren
  7. Just put the bin lids to bed. Me and MRS JFH are going to have a drink and see how long we last before the eyelids start drooping!

Happy new year all, let's hope it's a good one. Only 4 years until the 100 year experiment is over.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  8. On watch until next year...;) Happy New Year to all. Hope 2014 is good to us.
  9. You are going to wake up with your parrot on bricks.....
  10. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

From the 'Old sod'.... a very Happy New Year to all guys and gals out in RR world. If you do the things that I 'used' to do..do them safely and with a smile. :D
  11. Post 1 in the Year of our Lord 2014.

I tried to my best to upload "live" last night - but alcohol and technology don't mix. We all ended up in Torpoint f.f.s.!!! Cover charges for gettin' into ale houses on the Barbican ranged from £18 up to £20 so plans changed. Anyway - it was a bit strange to be in *Wheelers*, Torpoint for the first time in like forever but a good time was had by all us pirates. Adjourned back home for midnight, where the festivities continued. 2014 was seen in with more booze, food and frolics - culminating in a pyrotechic display in the wet'n'windy back garden. When the fireworks ran out, my mate went into his garage and fetched out a rather large bag of maroon flares and assorted sea going red smoke bombs, which sort of lit up the neighbourhood and filled the house with red smoke for half an hour. He got 'em from a mate in Fowey and decided to cut loose with them....just to see what they would look like. Suffice to say - distress flares zinging sideways into other peoples gardens is NOT recommended as a safe way to welcome the New Year in. No one died and no houses were burned down so it just remains for me wish one and all a very Happy New Year, and thanks for liking all my written drivel.

Mac & Karen (a.k.a BillyNoMates & WolfPackLeader)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. We were going out with some mates over from the UK, for a curry. Going out for a curry here is a big deal, as curry houses are few and far between!

Anyway, the 'tourists' started to drop from the various lurgies they had caught on the plane. In the end SWMBO and me and the animals stayed in and ate our 12 grapes (washed down with cava) to the 12 bells of midnight. Watched a firework display across the bay and some from a distant neighbour.

Beddie byes by quarter past 12!
  13. Avast there ye Scurvy Bastards!

[Bit blurred - but it's the only one I've managed to upload so far]

(Cap'n Billy - Torpoint New Years Eve 2014)