Hell

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by AAF, May 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AAF

AAF Badgeman

2. Can't wait to read the book cos I like Dan Brown ... but personally think think "Hell" is a figment of the reglious brigades fervent imagination! No doubt I shaln't find out till I'm there along with most the rest of the human race! Until then I shall just go on thinking "Hell" is a full waiting room at 07:30 on a rainy Monday morning!

3. AAF

AAF Badgeman

I have already suffered the heat, far east in the aft engine room on Mermaid, 2 ASR V16 main engines at full chat, I 8 pot ASR genny and all the associated oil, coolant coolers, vcd thingy and vent air blasted in at 30c.

Early reviews of Dan Brown book seem positive.

4. I've been in Hell, it was called HMS Tiger.

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I've been to Hell too - every time I read another one of your shite jokes... :oops:

6. Don't read them then nosey, nobody's forcing you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Think she was built for Ghana or Nigeria and eventually went to Malaysia. Hope they sorted out a few air scoops by then.

8. She was built as Nkrumahs Presidential Yacht but the Republic of Ghana booted him out at the time she was destined to be the continent of Africas most modern warship but fitted with gold taps & luxury plumbing,The British government took it of Yarrow shipbuilders hands at a bargain price ,minus gold bathtaps & luxury plumbing.served about 5 yrs then sold to Malaysia.

9. AAF

AAF Badgeman

Had 2 retractable stabilisers fwd, never seen the like before. And the handrolic 5" gun sunk the practise target...yes you are supposed to straddle the target but it was so accurate our gunners were sort of laying down a marker.