Heaven & Hell

BillyNoMates

War Hero
It's about time that our perspective on what these two places are all about gets an upgrade to something more befitting of a 21st century belief. Enough with the fire and brimstone shite for life after death in the basement...... It's well past its sell by date.
I shall think about what Heaven should be like for all the goody-goody stiffs later on, but my idea of an upgraded Hell for all us evil bastards who have pissed up, bagged off and spent all our wages in the bookies would be having to go shopping in a massive never ending branch of Primark with my zombie wife for all eternity and beyond.

Now that's what I call Hell.

Add your own ideas as to what upstairs and downstairs should be........ in your own time - begin.

B.N.M.

Stirlin

War Hero
There is no upstairs , hell once I am down there would be having to live in the same space as Russell Brand , Jo Brand , Vanessa Feltz , Lenny Henry , Alan Shearer , Ant & Dec , Simon Cowell , any graduate who assumes they are funny and appears on Live at the Apollo .....proving PDQ they are about as funny as stale bread , Josh Widdecombe among many , John Inverdale , Ian Wright , Danny Murphy , Cameron , Corbyn , Salmond , loads more but I will let someone else have a go.
Good thread BTW Bill.

Hell? Simples init. Locked in a sound proof room, no means of escape, with endless Jimmy Young, Tony Blackburn and Cliff Richards singing.......ARRGHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Heaven would be a place where you could drive your top of the range car, park anywhere you wanted to, and when an angelic traffic warden rocked up to stick a ticket on your windscreen, you could just get out of your motor - batter him and drive away with absolutely no remorse or any chance of going to Heavenly court on a g.b.h. charge.

Bliss!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I've always thought that as Hell is supposed to be redders, it follows that Heaven, being the opposite, must be freezing.

I'll take the warm option TVM.

Dusty70

War Hero
Heaven - watching eternal cricket on a warm day with a cold wine/beer at Arundel

Hell - having to work past my retirement date in the NHS (358 days to go - ROMFT)

huwshpis

War Hero
I've always thought that as Hell is supposed to be redders, it follows that Heaven, being the opposite, must be freezing.

I'll take the warm option TVM.
Ah! But what if you're a Viking (or Norse of some kind)? Niflhel is a foggy place of freezing cold for evil ones. I'd prefer Valhalla with all the feasting and drinking, but even then I might not survive Ragnarok.

Ballistic

War Hero
Hell for me would be a pub where I couldn't get to the bar because the pub would be full of screaming children - literally thousands of them.

Heaven, of course would be a pub where children aren't allowed :D

I have simple tastes.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Ah! But what if you're a Viking (or Norse of some kind)? Niflhel is a foggy place of freezing cold for evil ones. I'd prefer Valhalla with all the feasting and drinking, but even then I might not survive Ragnarok.
Without a DNA test, I'm pretty sure I'm not a Viking. Many DO's over the years have called me many things, as have the wife, but they were/are mainly of the four letter variety ;)

BillyNoMates

War Hero
For me, Heaven would be Hell if I went up there only to discover that I'd be sharing a twin bed room with Christopher Biggins for ever and ever an ever and ever................

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Hell is the realisation that you're getting on a bit. By my reckoning, I've got about 120 months left before I expire. Oh! And it's also made me realise I'm losing more brain cells every day.

I started a similar thread back in 2012....and here's me thinking it was original.

Heaven vs Hell (in the Gash Barge)

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BillyNoMates Heaven vs Hell. The Gash Barge 13
fishhead Old Nuc.Boat heaven or hell Submariners 5
brazenhussy Heaven... or ...Hell.... Diamond Lil's 9
slim Is this Heaven Diamond Lil's 0
Shakey Wren goes to heaven Blue Jokes 1
The_Caretaker Heaven Miscellaneous 0
S Key to heaven Blue Jokes 1
The_Caretaker Heaven Miscellaneous 0
T Life Was Heaven on the D97 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S Choc Heaven The Gash Barge 9
janner Hell Below Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
AAF Hell Diamond Lil's 8
B How the bloody hell do you delete your account Site Issues 11
P well bloody hell Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 36
Topstop 24 Hrs of hell Diamond Lil's 17
janner Bloody hell The Gash Barge 7
janner Hell Miscellaneous 0
MBeehan Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway The Book Club 0
Rumrat Friggin Hell big Bro's watchin me. Diamond Lil's 10
Father_Famine George Bush in Hell Miscellaneous 0
The_Black_Pig A Theory On Hell Miscellaneous 0
Ballistic I'm going to burn in Hell Diamond Lil's 15
soleil Who The Hell's Ever Heard Of An Aircraft Carrier w. No Jets? Current Affairs 11
Rumrat Friggin hell we're worlds apart. Diamond Lil's 14
Rumrat Just for the hell of it. Diamond Lil's 8
D Welcome to hell! The Quarterdeck 0
NotmeChief 'kin hell. The Quarterdeck 5
Z Jokes you'd go to hell for telling Diamond Lil's 20
stan_the_man Northwood PJHQ J2 Hell on fcuking earth Diamond Lil's 3
moshe7158 the caryard from hell Blogs 0
Guns TLA or what the hell are these new Matelots talking about... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
Z Fcuking hell The Gash Barge 8
K What the hell? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 50
Deano19 Funny as hell sayings? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 88
D Hell of a way to get over loosing at Uckers! Diamond Lil's 5
KATWEEZIL HELL Diamond Lil's 7
C oh come on now...what te hell is going on!? Current Affairs 9
B yo ho ho jingle hell Blogs 0
skyvet Beats the hell out of Southdown coaches! Diamond Lil's 5
F Bloody Hell.... The Gash Barge 5
JamesH Dubya dies and goes to hell. Diamond Lil's 3
T What the hell!? The Gash Barge 1
dustyjack Who the hell is/was Jimpy Parker? History 11