Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heathrow incident

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hey, come on, 1000 metres is over half a mile. More importantly it didn't undershoot by more, land on houses and brew up.

This is not the major incident the rolling News stations would have us believe, no one was injured in the actual landing, those injuries were probably sprained ankles from the slide off of the aircraft, the aircraft touched the ground at least an aircraft's length within the perimetre fence.

Bloody Kay Burley on Sky News was trying everything possible to trick a passenger on the flight to say something controversial, e.g. Did the aircraft made a sudden drop during landing? Whenever I've flown on Civvyjet, the aircraft has made quick drops, so its a completely pointless question!

Stripey_G

War Hero
It may have "touched the ground" at least an aircrafts length within the perimeter fence PO, but shoudn't that have been ON the runway??????!!!!!!!
Aircraft that size....er......don't do well when landing in a field! No wonder the undercarriage failed!!
(and please don't bite...i'm being sarcastic here, I don't know the reason why it didn't make it to the runway or whatever, but as I have always said...if God wanted us to fly, He would have given us plane tickets!!)
:thumright: :thumright: :w00t: :w00t:

Stripey_G

War Hero
Potential_Officer said:
Yes I get that, but one passenger they interviewed said it wasn't the bumpiest landing he had been on! Who does he normally fly with?

:biggrin: He must have been a Matelot or pissed!!!!!! or even both!! :thumright:

Potential_Officer said:
Yes I get that, but one passenger they interviewed said it wasn't the bumpiest landing he had been on! Who does he normally fly with?

Must be Aeroflot, as were in the 80s, with cabin crew who made Hitler on a bad day seem courteous by comparison! ;)

PINCH

War Hero
TwistedFireStarter said:
BA flight drops short of the runway. All pax and crew evacuated and safe.

The flight stopped just 1,000 metres from the Prime Minister's plane

Bastards missed him :threaten:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=508839&in_page_id=1770&ct=5
only in the Wail could they make a connection with 1000metres.. that's a fecking long way away in anyones money. But I suppose there is a link Just same country! :pukel: :pukel: :pukel:

No lets face it is fecking drival suprise :thumright:

PINCH

War Hero
thingy said:
Potential_Officer said:

Must be Aeroflot, as were in the 80s, with cabin crew who made Hitler on a bad day seem courteous by comparison! ;)

Done that NEVER AGAIN. Even the cabin clock was not working.. If they couldn't fix a fecking clock what were the air frame and engines like.. :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

PINCH said:
thingy said:
Potential_Officer said:

Done that NEVER AGAIN. Even the cabin clock was not working.. If they couldn't fix a fecking clock what were the air frame and engines like.. :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

Come, come Pinch, flying Aeroflot was an experience! :lol: Had they not been a monopoly, the sheer rudeness and unhelpfulness of their cabin crew would have led to no passangers choosing to fly with them. Worth doing ONCE... but I agree: NEVER AGAIN!!! :tp:

TwistedFireStarter

Lantern Swinger
PINCH said:
TwistedFireStarter said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=508839&in_page_id=1770&ct=5
only in the Wail could they make a connection with 1000metres.. that's a fecking long way away in anyones money. But I suppose there is a link Just same country! :pukel: :pukel: :pukel:

To be fair, it's not just the mail carrying that bit of info. Most of the papers have got it in their stories at some point.

Hold on, did I just defend the mail? Someone shoot me now!

PINCH

War Hero
TwistedFireStarter said:
PINCH said:
TwistedFireStarter said:

To be fair, it's not just the mail carrying that bit of info. Most of the papers have got it in their stories at some point.

Hold on, did I just defend the mail? Someone shoot me now!

BANG

A new way of breaking an aircraft would be a rare thing indeed..
Therefore the answer to this one will be found in history..

Asst_Ed

Lantern Swinger
Almost as bad as the story the other day about a kid being abducted in Spain "near" where the McCann lass vanished. Or 120 miles away if you look at the map...

It would be like the Pompey News reporting stories about Birmingham. :w00t:

Seaweed said:
Hey, come on, 1000 metres is over half a mile. More importantly it didn't undershoot by more, land on houses and brew up.

But the Liebour party think Brown is more important than a few hundred citizens !!
No doubt the horde rushed to him to check to see if he'd had a fright and was okay .......... :|

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Woman charged over Heathrow Airport cash seizure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Airways doubles up in Pakistan – announcing direct flights from Lahore to London Heathrow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 170 kilos of heroin seized by Border Force at Heathrow MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to parliament: Heathrow expansion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: West Cumbria makes shortlist in bid to help expand Heathrow Airport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Transport Secretary announces new flights between Cornwall and Heathrow MoD News 0
Sgt Jobsearch Airside Service Engineer - Heathrow - £Negotiable The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Solutions Sales Manager - Heathrow - £40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Technical Pre-Sales Manager - Heathrow - £45,000 - £60,000 + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Sgt Jobsearch Network & Systems Infrastructure Manager - Heathrow - £50,000 - £65,000 + Benefits The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob Multi-skilled Maintenance Tech - Heathrow - £35,000 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
FAAFLYNAVY Heathrow Airport Current Affairs 48
DemobJob Aircraft Surveyor & Project Manager - Heathrow - £40k to £46k The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 1
C Team Supervisors, Heathrow, £28k The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
C SAFETY/ ISAGO OFFICER, Heathrow, £35k+ The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
C Electrical Engineer, Heathrow Airport, £25-£30kpa The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
C Head of Ground Support Equipment Maintenance, Heathrow, £35k+ The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
DemobJob LGV Drivers required at Heathrow - £22,443 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop SC Cleared - DATA INPUT - ADMININSTRATOR - HEATHROW The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: GATWICK, STANSTED AND HEATHROW AIRPORT The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: STAFF REQUIRED - HEATHROW AIRPORT The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: STAFF REQUIRED - HEATHROW AIRPORT The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
jesse Former Royal told to cover tattoo at Heathrow. Diamond Lil's 5
Waspie SBS currently involved in incident off IOW (Sunday25/10/20) Current Affairs 4
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp 'On the knee' incident at RNB Portsmouth History 0
MoD_RSS Downing Street statement on Glasgow incident: 26 June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reading incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fish rescued from a poaching incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Streatham High Road incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government response to the Streatham incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Terrorist incident in Streatham: PM Boris Johnson's statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Northern Ireland Troubles-related incident victims payments scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NI Troubles-related incident victims payments scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Dash 8 Q400, serious incident and returned to Exeter MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Eurocopter EC135, serious incident during maintenance flight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Strait of Hormuz incident: Foreign Secretary calls with French and German foreign ministers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Strait of Hormuz incident: UK government letter to UN Security Council President MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Company to pay £150k to charity following pollution incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM statement on the anniversary of the Salisbury incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Threat of legal action leads to payment of fine over Humber incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Man sentenced for North East fish kill incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: DASA Real-World Incident Hackathon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Salisbury incident: Foreign Secretary statement on OPCW report MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary calls for a united response on the Salisbury incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons 87th Executive Council session: statement on the Salisbury incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement to Parliament: PM Commons statement on Salisbury incident: 12 March 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The evolution of incident reporting, from pure statistics to nuanced insight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Parsons Green incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Finsbury Park incident MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Westminster incident MoD News 0