Heathrow incident

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by TwistedFireStarter, Jan 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Hey, come on, 1000 metres is over half a mile. More importantly it didn't undershoot by more, land on houses and brew up.
  2. There is that.. at least it all ended more or less well in any event.
  3. This is not the major incident the rolling News stations would have us believe, no one was injured in the actual landing, those injuries were probably sprained ankles from the slide off of the aircraft, the aircraft touched the ground at least an aircraft's length within the perimetre fence.

Bloody Kay Burley on Sky News was trying everything possible to trick a passenger on the flight to say something controversial, e.g. Did the aircraft made a sudden drop during landing? Whenever I've flown on Civvyjet, the aircraft has made quick drops, so its a completely pointless question!
  4. It may have "touched the ground" at least an aircrafts length within the perimeter fence PO, but shoudn't that have been ON the runway??????!!!!!!!
    Aircraft that size....er......don't do well when landing in a field! No wonder the undercarriage failed!!
    (and please don't bite...i'm being sarcastic here, I don't know the reason why it didn't make it to the runway or whatever, but as I have always said...if God wanted us to fly, He would have given us plane tickets!!)
    :thumright: :thumright: :w00t: :w00t:
  5. Yes I get that, but one passenger they interviewed said it wasn't the bumpiest landing he had been on! Who does he normally fly with?

6. :biggrin: He must have been a Matelot or pissed!!!!!! or even both!! :thumright:
  7. Just disappointed it missed Gordon. Almost thought my prayers were being answered...
  8. Probably Aeroflot.
  9. Must be Aeroflot, as were in the 80s, with cabin crew who made Hitler on a bad day seem courteous by comparison! ;)
  10. only in the Wail could they make a connection with 1000metres.. that's a fecking long way away in anyones money. But I suppose there is a link Just same country! :pukel: :pukel: :pukel:

No lets face it is fecking drival suprise :thumright:
  11. Done that NEVER AGAIN. Even the cabin clock was not working.. If they couldn't fix a fecking clock what were the air frame and engines like.. :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:
  12. Come, come Pinch, flying Aeroflot was an experience! :lol: Had they not been a monopoly, the sheer rudeness and unhelpfulness of their cabin crew would have led to no passangers choosing to fly with them. Worth doing ONCE... but I agree: NEVER AGAIN!!! :tp:
  13. To be fair, it's not just the mail carrying that bit of info. Most of the papers have got it in their stories at some point.

Hold on, did I just defend the mail? Someone shoot me now!
  14. BANG
  15. A new way of breaking an aircraft would be a rare thing indeed..
    Therefore the answer to this one will be found in history..
  16. Almost as bad as the story the other day about a kid being abducted in Spain "near" where the McCann lass vanished. Or 120 miles away if you look at the map...

It would be like the Pompey News reporting stories about Birmingham. :w00t:
  17. But the Liebour party think Brown is more important than a few hundred citizens !!
    No doubt the horde rushed to him to check to see if he'd had a fright and was okay .......... :|