Heat Illness?

Just wondered if anyone has any personal experience of heat illness (or similar) during training/intense phys and has any tips for managing / mitigating this (besides the obvious good hydration and maintaining electrolytes).

Cheers

Just wondered if anyone has any personal experience of heat illness (or similar) during training/intense phys and has any tips for managing / mitigating this (besides the obvious good hydration and maintaining electrolytes).

Cheers
You shouldn't be put in a position of possible Heat illness during phase 1 or 2 training. Equally, you shouldn't be in a position of placing yourself in danger of a heat illness whilst deployed. I routinely banned non-acclimatised personnel from working out whilst we were on the gulf in August.

Why do you ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shouldn't be put in a position of possible Heat illness during phase 1 or 2 training. Equally, you shouldn't be in a position of placing yourself in danger of a heat illness whilst deployed. I routinely banned non-acclimatised personnel from working out whilst we were on the gulf in August.

Why do you ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I fit into the former category. Currently biffed. PMO saying I've had successive exertion-related heat illness episodes. Not clear why as yet, heat exposure is controlled quite rigidly and didn't think hydration was an issue.

Trying to work out if there's anything else I could be doing to hopefully avoid any recurrences in future when I'm un-banned from phys - other than necking oggin like it's cheap beer on a run ashore and hoping there's no career-limiting underlying cause...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
janner Miscellaneous 1
Ventress Diamond Lil's 38