Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hearing loss.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this. But I'm looking for some advice, maybe some one has been through somthing similar?

So basically I had a hearing test recently which showed I had h1 h3 hearing and I was pulled off ship awaiting a medical review and the doctor has mentioned mbos... So I have been going to inm for the last 3 years as I was found to be h1 h2 hearing in 2016 in 2018 I had an appointment at inm and they were happy I was still h1 h2 and did not need to attend any more appointments. I have no idea what's going on I'm basically in the dark until my review. Am I likely to be discharged? I am a WE so I don't know what that means for my trade.

Sumo

War Hero
Speak up I cant hear you?

Have you copies of INM reports? if so take to review, just in case they are not aware.

I was classed as Medically unfit for leadership course, couple of pounds over weight??

week later my med docs arrive from Dolphin, with report from INM saying fit for submarine escape training.
Doc called me back to say INM had forced him to re assess, passed fit.

so all I can say is collect all your evidence and take with you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Government delivers 250,000 clear face masks to support people with hearing loss MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: CDE themed competition webinar: detect and treat hearing loss and tinnitus MoD News 0
BARNEYRNSM Noise induced hearing loss Submariners 81
MoD_RSS Crime news: online guidance for sending hearing fees rollout MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Crime news: contract amends for sending hearing fees rollout MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Planning Inspectorate casework continues as first pilot digital hearing to take place in May MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Should an oral hearing be impacted by the coronavirus? MoD News 0
R Medical/hearing test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
F Hearing Back Joining the Royal Navy 9
MoD_RSS News story: Soundcheck: new acoustic yarn monitors military hearing health MoD News 0
F Slight Hearing problem - Medical Assesment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
S Medical review-Hearing Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
D Requesting records of summary hearing The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 3
R Hearing test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D hearing problems Health & Fitness 2
T RFA Hearing requirements - advice needed! RFA 3
A Hearing test Health & Fitness 10
fishhead Good Hearing Blue Jokes 1
T Hard of Hearing Blue Jokes 0
E Hearing, I say again, HEARING!!!! Health & Fitness 0
JWalker H1 & H2 Hearing test affecting wait times? Health & Fitness 0
D Hearing Aid!!!!!!! Health & Fitness 12
S Time scale for hearing the good news? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
D Hearing Impairment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
D Am i hearing correct Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
P Help - failed hearing test The Quarterdeck 4
G Ganges62- THE HARD OF HEARING THREAD! Diamond Lil's 129
S Hearing requirements The Corps 11
S Recruitment and hearing problems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Report 05/2020: Loss of brake control on a sleeper train approaching Edinburgh MoD News 0
C Loss of HMS Sheffield Current Affairs 3
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Boeing 737-86N, unstable approach and loss of altitude on go around MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report 17/2019: Loss of safety critical signalling data on the Cambrian Coast line MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter, loss of control during hover MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Boeing 737-4Q8, Partial loss of electrical power on approach MoD News 0
MoD_RSS AAIB report: Agusta Westland AW189, loss of visual references MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Loss of brake control on a passenger train approaching Edinburgh Waverley MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: AAIB report: Boeing 737 and Airbus A320, loss of separation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British Aerospace ATP, loss of electrical power MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Update 4: AAIB investigation into the loss of aircraft N264DB MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Update 3: AAIB investigation into the loss of aircraft N264DB MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: AAIB investigation into the loss of aircraft N264DB MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New law supports all families who suffer the loss of a child MoD News 0
J Getting deselected from promotion and loss of earning Health & Fitness 5
M Weight Loss Health & Fitness 14
muskovardo Any advice for last minute weight loss? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
A Great loss .Gentlemen of HMS Puma The Quarterdeck 2
J At a loss - please help... looking for Navy personal in Norfolk... Nearest & Dearest 4
trelawney126 Memory Loss Miscellaneous 0
soleil Four Weeks In May - The Loss Of HMS Coventry - David Hart Dyke - Special Offer History 1