Hearing Back

flynn

Midshipman
How long does it normally take to hear back from your careers office. I applied a little over two weeks ago now and have since not heard a thing even though my online portal has been updated to the suitability test stage.

I have emailed them as well as trying to phone before it rings off. I will try again first thing as I am presuming they are busy, but does anyone know whether they are closed for an extended period over Easter?

Cheers!

flynn

Midshipman
Probably still on extended Easter Leave. I suspect (but don't know) that you will have to wait until Monday 9th April.
I rang again and managed to speak to someone. It turns out that they have not received my application and he gave me a number for the office which handles the initial applications before their sent out to the AFCO. They then told me that it could take a few weeks for them to send it to my AFCO, so I guess it’s just a waiting game!

You'll find the whole application process is a waiting game, a lot of it is just chasing up the afco or hoping you've turned up at the right place at the right time lol...

Seadog

War Hero
I miss the old days when the AFCO came to the candidate, even before the candidate had expressed an interest. King’s shilling, bang on the head, woke up on the first day of a 5 year deployment.

No waiting, no website snags, no medical, no lost applications, no leave periods, no ironing, no fretting about ‘math’. What’s not to like?

guns1969

Lantern Swinger
I miss the old days when the AFCO came to the candidate, even before the candidate had expressed an interest. King’s shilling, bang on the head, woke up on the first day of a 5 year deployment.

No waiting, no website snags, no medical, no lost applications, no leave periods, no ironing, no fretting about ‘math’. What’s not to like?
Plus there was Rum, Bum and Baccy......