Heard a terrible thing to-day

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
No Hig, what you've probably heard relates to squad manning. This has come about as a part of Topmast, another one of the RN's recent(ish) wonderful initiatives. In a nutshell it puts JR's Drafty in their base port and they use them to man the ships of that squadron (not 1st Frigate etc. anymore, just Devflot, Porflot and I assume Fas/FOSNI flot?)

Dr.Zoidberg said:
Probably aren't that bothered by such a dreadful peace of information :cry:
Why don`t you just fukc off, you have no idea what the fukc you are talking about.

So tiddlyoggy............the squad to man a ship is held in barracks?

Edited to say, what exactly is a squad?

higthepig said:
Dr.Zoidberg said:
Probably aren't that bothered by such a dreadful peace of information :cry:
Why don`t you just fukc off, you have no idea what the fukc you are talking about.

Edited to say, what exactly is a squad?
Squad is just all the bods on, say, Guzz 23's, shifted around in the topmast system to ensure harmony time for all. Likewise Pompey 23's and 42's. At least that's the premise. In reality......

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
higthepig said:
Throughout the naval base and ships thereof. For example, a ship going into FOST would normally have it's gaps filled, so other ships from that area (eg Devflot, but the manpower making up the squad) would have their ship's companies raped to fill gaps on higher piority ships. I had heard recently that it was not going to be used for ships in OST anymore, only to fill gaps in deployed units. Reason being that there was a proffessional FOST group of ratings going from one ship in BOST straight to another. Don't know if it did get stopped though.

MLP, not true, it's all ships in the area, we have neither enough ships nor people to differentiate in that way anymore.

tiddlyoggy said:
higthepig said:
Throughout the naval base and ships thereof. For example, a ship going into FOST would normally have it's gaps filled, so other ships from that area (eg Devflot, but the manpower making up the squad) would have their ship's companies raped to fill gaps on higher piority ships. I had heard recently that it was not going to be used for ships in OST anymore, only to fill gaps in deployed units. Reason being that there was a proffessional FOST group of ratings going from one ship in BOST straight to another. Don't know if it did get stopped though.

MLP, not true, it's all ships in the area, we have neither enough ships nor people to differentiate in that way anymore.
Ah, I see. I spend 2 years away from the GS and look what happens! 8O

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
wkdwren The Quarterdeck 52
Graybags Current Affairs 11