Heard a terrible thing to-day

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by higthepig, Mar 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ships Companies, are they now called Squads?
  2. Bump

Is there no-one serving out there? Are you all Newbies?
  3. Probably aren't that bothered by such a dreadful peace of information :cry:
  4. Not as far as I'm aware. Still ships companies but operating a squad system. You are certainly not part of a "Ship's squad". I've never once heard that.
  5. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

No Hig, what you've probably heard relates to squad manning. This has come about as a part of Topmast, another one of the RN's recent(ish) wonderful initiatives. In a nutshell it puts JR's Drafty in their base port and they use them to man the ships of that squadron (not 1st Frigate etc. anymore, just Devflot, Porflot and I assume Fas/FOSNI flot?)
  6. Why don`t you just fukc off, you have no idea what the fukc you are talking about.

So tiddlyoggy............the squad to man a ship is held in barracks?

Edited to say, what exactly is a squad?
  7. Squad is just all the bods on, say, Guzz 23's, shifted around in the topmast system to ensure harmony time for all. Likewise Pompey 23's and 42's. At least that's the premise. In reality......
  8. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Throughout the naval base and ships thereof. For example, a ship going into FOST would normally have it's gaps filled, so other ships from that area (eg Devflot, but the manpower making up the squad) would have their ship's companies raped to fill gaps on higher piority ships. I had heard recently that it was not going to be used for ships in OST anymore, only to fill gaps in deployed units. Reason being that there was a proffessional FOST group of ratings going from one ship in BOST straight to another. Don't know if it did get stopped though.

MLP, not true, it's all ships in the area, we have neither enough ships nor people to differentiate in that way anymore.
  9. Ah, I see. I spend 2 years away from the GS and look what happens! 8O
  10. Thanks for the replies guys.

Manning is worse than I thought then.
  11. Shouldnt that be personing to be PC! :lol:
  12. Or personage.
    How about membership? - How many 'members' on a ship?
  13. Members? Fnarr fnarr!!
    Depends on the number of chaps versus chappeses I suppose!