Healthy diet

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Chicogiz, Jun 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey everyone i spend the week with the Royal marines and i am following a fitness program, but theres one thing it dont tell me. I want to know what type of food i should eat, could anyone help me?

Thankyou, Luke (Chicogiz)

2. Use the force Luke!!

3. Luke

Eat lots of carbohydrates (pasta, rice, bread, potatoes etc) prior to exercise for energy and lots of proteins (chicken, fish, eggs and possibly a protein drink) after exercise for recovery.

Just as important is water mate. Regardless of how much you eat, if your dehydrated you will pile in!! Drink loats of water throughout the day.

Cheers

Spen

4. Nutty what food should i eat? i loved the weekend and ive chose my job mate.

5. Hahaha - Ah mate you just made my day!!

6. "I thank you"

Luke. Other than using the force you should consider lots of carbs and proteins as well as what Spen pointed out, lots of water. This helps to rehydrate the muscles ands helps prevent any muscle injuries that could occur. If you get into training always remember to fill your water bottle right up to the brim otherwise you end up wearing in over your head. Better still, carry at least 2 bottles of water to help you stay hydrated.

NB

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It should've read: "Use a fork Luke"

8. Chips, and Guinness. Serious. :afro:

As long as you dig out blind on the phys, shouldn't really matter a great deal.

Good luck.

9. :lol:

10. Ok, pal you need to eat like the warriors of old. Follow what me and my home boyz call "The Warrior Diet". It basically involves undereating in the day and overeating (feasting) at night.

Think about it, what did warriors of old eat like? they didn't have three square meals a day now did they! No, they fought and did battle in the day, doing on all the warrior stuff and they feasted all night. You don't have a dinner hour on the battlefield do you! Therefore, all day you should not eat much at all. Perhaps the odd bag of crisps or an apple or summat. Then at night have a huge feast. Eat lots of red meat. Warriors of old used to eat a whole cooked pig after a battle. This gives you an idea of how much you should be eating at night. After all, you are making up for what you didn't eat in the day. Drink wine, sing songs and eat pig. Bask in your glory and tell tales of warfare and bloodshed. This is the way of the warrior. The diet of the warrior.

11. Spartan, off to bed now, your teddies missing you.
    NZB

12. just eat sensibly and drink lots of fluids mate , if you train hard your body will let you know what you need.

13. Ahah the warrior diet. Hello chimpy of ARRSE !!!!

14. Spartan - you are a mong.

The average pig at market (just before slaughter) weighs in at about 230lbs (internet sourced). Are you suggesting that the poor sod tries to consume a pig per day? How could he afford it? He'd have a colon full of impacted protein. His lower bowel would burst. Not sure you've really thought this through. The warrior diet was born out of necessity; I don't eat three squares a day when the pressure's on. That's not because I don't want to, more that the CO would have my boll#cks on a plate if I chose to stand myself down willy-nilly. Think on you burke.

LG

15. Eat like a King for Breakfast

Like Prince for Lunch

and a Pauper for dinner.

Breakfast lasts you till lunch and lunch basically for the rest of the day.
    Dinner shouldn't be heavy coz you'll be sleeping on it so make it small.