healthcare assistant, joining as a medical orderly

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mindenman, May 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ok, i'm currently a healthcare assistant working towards my foundation degree, would this "help" with the medical role or are they totally different roles?

sounds like a bit of a duff question i know, but as the navy doesn't have a HCA role in its nursing branch i was unsure of who does all them bits on the hospital ships and bases?

thanks in advance

2. I wouldnt know sorry :?
    Maybe if you phone up a Local AFCO??
    im sure they will have some infomation about it :) , or can find out for you :)
    WS2B

3. Have you checked out the Medical Assistant (MA) role in the Medical pages of the RN Careers site?

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/explore-jobs/all-jobs/medical-assistant-(general-service)/whats-the-job/

Angrydoc will be able to advise but having met quite a few in my time, this seems to be the most appropriate job.

4. Useful post of the year so far?

5. i did have a look at that, and its what i meant, but was trying to find out more of the long term role, is it closer to the army's CMT or a HCA? or a mix? thanks for the help

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Could this be the new Chico???????

mindenman could you choose a different Avatar please, that one is already in use and will confuse the old twats like Rummy and Jesse

7. Thank Christ for that!

Thought I was talking to myself.

Again 8O :)

8. as you asked so nice, done!

9. MA is like a CMT role - the RN doesn't have HCAs.