Health Tips

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by liposuctionguide, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI..

1. To avoid diseases like hepatitis and Typhoid, eat 5 basil leaves everyday.

2. For tooth ache, keep a clove on the affected area.

3. Have a mixture of gingelly oil and egg, for 3 days, for menstrual disorders.

4. You will get a great relief from menstrual pain , if you have a gooseberry daily.

5. Boil the leaf of Malabar nut, squeeze its juice and add egg white. It subsides cough.

6. Eat the powder of dried ginger and cumin with sugar for relief from cough.

7. Have the mixture of mustard paste and honey for good relief from cough.

8. For a good relief from cough, mix equal quantities of basil juice, honey and ajwain juice and drink on an empty stomach.

9. Are you suffering from urinary infection? Drink a glassful of water with a pinch of cardamom powder.

10. Have a mixture of lemon juice and honey when you are suffering from cold.
  3. Sounds like way too much hassle to me. Surely it's just easier to man up and deal with the pain! :D
  4. Ohhhhh and i'm going to Tanzania in a few weeks.. can't say the nurse offered me bay leaves as an alternative to getting two needles. Shock horror 8O :lol:

Evidence base please - preferably randomized controlled trials with statistical significance.

Otherwise this thread will be deleted as it contains misleading and potentially harmful information.
  6. In these times of pandemics I follow the advice of a local witch.
    1) A nosegay of St Johns Wort and primrose will ward off noxious vapours.
    2) Daily bleeding and Leeching.
    3) Burning of incomers, newcomers, outsiders etc and strict quarantine for a year.

I also find that a daily birching of the children, dunking the wife in the village duck pond and making her wear a Scolds Bridle makes for a happy contented family life.
  7. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Drink sh*t loads of cider everyday to beat stress. Works for me!
  8. Awesome tips buddy.The last one is really cool.I am following it and it really works.
  9. Looks like just natural remedies to take pain away temporary... things that people did before all this science took over and made ultimate remedies :D
    How about if you have a cold just take a big spoon full of english mustard and eat that! haha
  10. Govt health warning [​IMG]