Heads Up

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by wet_blobby, Nov 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Radio 5 will broadcast their friday morning slot 6am-9am from HMS Ark Royal,

Nicky campbell is the presenter and he's talking to the 1st Sea lord, upper and lower decks about the Cornwall incident and how it has effected morale etc...

He's an opinionated little git so should be fun.

2. Oh come on Blobbs, there won't be any exclusive insights into morale or anything else for that matter, it will all be very vanilla and you know it ;)

3. wet_blobby

Ahh, but you can text the program live......... :dwarf:

4. But will it be edited before transmission ?
    I'm sure that for "live" events, there is a 15 second delay for swift editing purposes.

5. wet_blobby

Probably is mate, but people should still be able to get a few questions to the matelots, I'd expect the 1st SL to be a pre record

Anyway, I've just finished working for the weekend so ...........PUB... :eek:ccasion5:

6. Lovely!
    Have a good 'un mate :)

7. Will they be discussing pots and kettles? =)

8. Who's an opinionate little git? 1SL or Nicky?

I listen to 5live regularly and they did a slot from some ship or other (Ocean?) during the Fleet Review (god was it last year? where does the time go?). It was not the morning show but certainly the presenters came across as very ignorant of all things Royal Navy, and were very impressed by what they were shown and who they spoke to - and it was not just the wardroom.

Whilst I am sure 5live does not reach the same demographic as the recruiters, surely it is better to have some publicity than none at all.

And incidently, I am fairly certain that 1SL did not get where he is today without knowing how to deal with jumped up little specimens like Mr Campbell.

9. wet_blobby

Sorry rosey, Nicky is in my opinion, not 1st SL, Finky......right on brother... :thumright:

10. What would be the earthly point of having a media interviewer who wasn't opinionated?

Some of the best set-tos I've ever heard have involved A N Other politician and John Humphrys, who quite often goes for the interviewee's jugular.

11. Hey WB, where is my pint you promised me? Cough...