Heading to the Careers Office, Anything I should ask?

Im going to be going to the careers office to finalise my decision to join the RFA and was wondering if their is any particular questions I should ask and am I expected to bring anything with me if im not their for an interview or such?

Thank you!

Can you clarify?
Your going to the Royal Navy recruiting office regards a career in the RFA? Is that correct or are you going with a view to compare the two career options!
Excuse my ignorance - i dont know if the one office covers both armed service and civilian manned RFA.

Can you clarify?
Your going to the Royal Navy recruiting office regards a career in the RFA? Is that correct or are you going with a view to compare the two career options!
Excuse my ignorance - i dont know if the one office covers both armed service and civilian manned RFA.
Yes, I'm also looking at a career in the army so i would also like to compare them but im more sold on the RFA

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Hope it goes well. Choose wisely!!
By all means look at the army but beware the hyped sales pitch.
Experience with my son told me, Army great sales shpeel whilst the navy came across slightly less appealing. The reality was the army simply wanted numbers and said whatever you wanted to hear. Whilt the RN wanted people who really wanted a career at sea.
Never forget, now is the time to ask any qustions no matter how stupid they may appear, its your future not theirs!! And again, good luck.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Good opening questions, should be along the lines of "Do you prefer chocolate or plain HobNobs?" or "Which type of Spiced Rum do you prefer in your wobbly coffee?".

Failing that, you could, at a push, ask about the job you would like to do and how you go about getting it.

Well, that didn't really go to plan. Walked in and found out that my Navy careers office has now moved and I couldn't get to it so I just spoke to the Army guy who (With no disrespect) didn't really seem to know what to say and handed me a few leaflets and then spoke a little about Harrogate. I'm going to go to the navy careers office when I have time in a couple weeks.

Well, that didn't really go to plan. Walked in and found out that my Navy careers office has now moved and I couldn't get to it so I just spoke to the Army guy who (With no disrespect) didn't really seem to know what to say and handed me a few leaflets and then spoke a little about Harrogate. I'm going to go to the navy careers office when I have time in a couple weeks.
That will be cause army recruitment is now run by capita, my personal opinion is you have to be mad to join the army the way it is at the moment. I always thought I’d go army but when it came to it the navy was just that much better

Latest Threads