Head of the Fleet Air arm

#1
Adrian has deserted the sinking ship as RA FAA
We were concerned at the down-grading .
no more Adrian?
Strewth!
Fear not : we have HRH The Duke of York KG KCVO ADC(P) as our FAA Head
He is the Commodore-in-Chief --Fleet Air Arm.
Could we be in safer hands?
 
#2
Well, Robbo isn't playing too well and has lost his place on the front line of late.
Also James is getting a bit old for the job (so I 'm told) so he might not be there either.
Not sure who is in line for the promotion myself, and thoughts on the matter Stalwart?
 
#3
<Norman Mode ON>


WAAAAH! I couldn't hack it in the RN and ended up a brown job

WAAAAH!! My idiot grandson got passer over


<Norman Mode OFF>
 
#4
Lamri said:
Well, Robbo isn't playing too well and has lost his place on the front line of late.
Also James is getting a bit old for the job (so I 'm told) so he might not be there either.
Not sure who is in line for the promotion myself, and thoughts on the matter Stalwart?
Anyone who has served at least three quarters of their pensionable service AT SEA. Are there any?
What on earth is the point of paying for a Royal Navy who. seldom if ever, sees the sea.? As a tax-payer I would like to know.
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#6
Well I can testify - thanks to my current level of LSA - that I have spent most of my naval service on seagoing units. However the Navy is not a testament of its worthiness purely by the amount of time spent on the waves; there are many non-seagoing tasks that we do, especially supporting our Army/RAF colleagues in landlocked operations overseas.

But I am a taxpayer too; please tell me what contribution you have made to the Defence of the Realm?! 8O
 
#7
sgtpepperband said:
Well I can testify - thanks to my current level of LSA - that I have spent most of my naval service on seagoing units. However the Navy is not a testament of its worthiness purely by the amount of time spent on the waves; there are many non-seagoing tasks that we do, especially supporting our Army/RAF colleagues in landlocked operations overseas.

But I am a taxpayer too; please tell me what contribution you have made to the Defence of the Realm?! 8O
Paying taxes for 60 odd years to support a non-sea-going navy for the most part. Why? If the Army Airforce and Navy are but one--Why do we have Admirals Generals and Air Chief Marshals being paid a small fortune for doing what?
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#8
Stalwart: Play the game. You asked a question and I answered. I asked a question and you diverted it. Can you for once be honest and answer me?
 
#9
sgtpepperband said:
Stalwart: Play the game. You asked a question and I answered. I asked a question and you diverted it. Can you for once be honest and answer me?
You should have realised by now that Norman only posts to provoke, not to inform or discuss.
 
#12
sgtpepperband said:
Stalwart: Play the game. You asked a question and I answered. I asked a question and you diverted it. Can you for once be honest and answer me?
Wouldn't worry too much about it mate, he hasn't answered my question either.
But then, I'm not sure he knows what (who) i'm talking about ;)
 
#13
On 1 Feb 08, Rear Admiral Charlier assumes the new appointment of Chief of Staff Fleet Aviation (COS Avn), with it comes the Head of Fighting Arm title, Rear Admiral Fleet Air Arm . :salut:
 

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#14
Ah, so it's back to 2-star (same as when the job was 5th Sea Lord), which is a relief in terms of FAA influence at the top table which is sorely needed.
 
#15
Letsbeavenue said:
On 1 Feb 08, Rear Admiral Charlier assumes the new appointment of Chief of Staff Fleet Aviation (COS Avn), with it comes the Head of Fighting Arm title, Rear Admiral Fleet Air Arm . :salut:
Head of Fighting Arm? Sorry Hadn't realised he was to be Armed to Fighting Head--Sorry Head of Fighting Arm. So long as there's someone filling this vital role -We can sleep easily in our hammocks.
 
#19
stalwart said:
Letsbeavenue said:
On 1 Feb 08, Rear Admiral Charlier assumes the new appointment of Chief of Staff Fleet Aviation (COS Avn), with it comes the Head of Fighting Arm title, Rear Admiral Fleet Air Arm . :salut:
Head of Fighting Arm? Sorry Hadn't realised he was to be Armed to Fighting Head--Sorry Head of Fighting Arm. So long as there's someone filling this vital role -We can sleep easily in our hammocks.

Sir Walter of Norman, I know it's been many a moon since you jacked in as a Jack, but hammocks, like the Navy of your ancient day, have gone the way of the dodo and your grandsons career.
 
#20
stalwart said:
Letsbeavenue said:
On 1 Feb 08, Rear Admiral Charlier assumes the new appointment of Chief of Staff Fleet Aviation (COS Avn), with it comes the Head of Fighting Arm title, Rear Admiral Fleet Air Arm . :salut:
Head of Fighting Arm? Sorry Hadn't realised he was to be Armed to Fighting Head--Sorry Head of Fighting Arm. So long as there's someone filling this vital role -We can sleep easily in our hammocks.
So, once again Norman fails to add anything intelligible despite inundating the forum with his posts, thus promoting the consignment of another promising CA thread to the Gash Barge. I'm still waiting for him to answer the questions he's been asked, i.e. (1) What useful contribution did he ever make to the Armed Forces compared with the high achievers he resents so much and (2) Who does he think should become Head of the FAA? Even Norman should be able to scrape together enough brain cells to answer such simple questions in a straightforward manner but I wouldn't put any money on it.

By the way, we are all taxpayers so what makes him so special in this respect?

(Shhhh! Norman could be the most irritating wah-merchant on earth but I suspect he is really some long-retired Admiral or passed-over Lt Cdr who's gone ga-ga and doesn't know anyone sane enough to tell him. So much for Care in the Community!)
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top