He/She, male/wren...oh bugger im confused..

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Two_Clips_Two_Pins, Mar 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Word is a man wishing to be adressed as a female has just passed out of phase 1 training at Raleigh. The Navy has up to this point respected his/her wishes ( god knows whos messes he/she slept in ), whats peoples opininons on whole equal opportunities ( even positive discrimination ) issues..not against it per se but feel the Mob will end up seeing its own arse with todays compensation culture when he/she wont get the draft/promotion etc they want..

2. My instructor at GANGES called my a girl all the time because I could not make it round the parade ground with my rifle over my head.

I was that plank! Was still billeted with the lads.

3. He probably called you a few more things aswell but you must've been
    preoccupied and never heard them :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Watched divisions at Raleigh last November. Had been informed by a member of staff that they had their "first he/she". I didn't spot him/her, but my missus did.
    Said she could tell by the size of her footwear and the way he/she walked.
    I guess I must have been more interested in the performance of the guard, and was looking in the wrong direction.

Nothing surprises me anymore!

2BM

5. Living in Thailand we see quite a few of them, they are called persons of the third gender here. No matter whether pre or post op here I treat them as women but then again they arent volunteers in the armed forces. I guess under todays PC world we will have to accept as they do here, but surley it would have been better just not to make it public knowledge?

6. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Last time I listened to the brief from the E&D team there were I think, 3 people in the RN going through the transgender programme. This is the same that any person goes through in normal life. However when we asked the question about how it will work onboard during the 'still fitted for male, but having to live completely as a female' stage prior to any surgery etc, there was just a silence and an admission they hadn't worked that bit out yet. I reckon they will have to make some exception and yes, it will go against the grain but they wll be such a tiny minority, and there are also far more people who pull the P7R card for far longer that I don't think it will be an issue. Glad I won't be the XO in their ship though.....

7. I have been told he/she/it didnt pass out. Could be wrong. Apparently there was a load of problems as you can imagine. wanted to live in the wrens block. Understandably 16 year old wrens straight from school were not all that comfertable with this arangment.
    Apparently there was another incadent where a drill instructer addressed the whole intake as lads and a complaint was made.
    From what i heard was just after causing trouble.

8. One of the gender benders is a POWEM serving in a cushy number in Abbeywood. They gave him a months leave to grow his hair and he came back wearing his new freshly issued uniform. Apparently all those undergoing the gender reasignment thing have all got cushy inboard numbers for now till they can decide the way ahead once one of them goes for the chop!!!

9. So . . can I apply for a sex change from a heterosexual male to a lesbian then?

I think the regulations state that they are a "he" until they start taking the hormones, then "he" becomes a "she", even if they haven't yet been "disarmed".

In other words, the recruit should have been in the lads mess, dressed as a male.

Each to his own, but I still think they look like blokes in frocks. :???:

Edited for typo

10. One of our local bus drivers is changing branches, apparently he has to dress and live as a female for 2 years before he starts the physical phase of his Part 2 training.

Pol

11. One of the gender benders is a POWEM serving in a cushy number in Abbeywood. They gave him a months leave to grow his hair and he came back wearing his new freshly issued uniform. Apparently all those undergoing the gender reassignment thing have all got cushy inboard numbers for now till they can decide the way ahead once one of them goes for the chop!!!

Fuck me subset, that's dedication to getting a shore draft, surely a branch change to WAFU or Dental Hygienist would of been easier.

The correct term I believe is SHIM

12. Then they would be locked up in the closet. :lol: :lol:

13. Couldnt make it up , !!!!!!!!!!!!!! , :???:

14. It will chug itself every night, watching the wrens prancing about the mess, after getting a bunk with a vantage point.

15. Dunno call me old fashioned, but i am glad i'm out. Can't imagine sat in the mess with a hairy arsed killick in a nighty saying " two's up with the foot powder skin".

16. I don't know what the problem is. I was instructing at Raleigh when a Reservist came through RNR New entry training. She had the full ish and was totally integrated into the course. All the other lads and lasses treated her fairly. At the end of the day it takes a lot of guts to join the armed forces when you just know that narrow minded individuals are going to take the p~ss.

17. I was in said he/she's entry at raleigh, wont say anything else but they person who said that she was on divisions in november was correct!

18. What stage was he/she of development? Could 'it' skirmish the parade ground during the march past.

19. Narrow minded shit all, this isn't the time, and the RN isn't the place. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

20. I think the only real administrative pains are felt if a wannabe-female sailor is serving or training during their gender transition. For the requirements of the service I would recommend that any male who decides for reasons beknown only to himself that he wishes to be a woman, should immediately be discharged on compassionate grounds. If and when they get the full operation done, in which case they are hormonally, mentally and physically a woman (albeit infertile) then they can if they wish rejoin the Navy as a female.

I've got nothing against transexuals, but I do not believe they are psychologically suited for life in the armed forces until they are completely female. One can only imagine the emotional turmoil battling inside their minds! Also, I wouldn't want to be the officer or senior rate who's got to sort out their messing arrangements.

This 'third gender' nonsense is complete rot! It is an accepted fact throughout the animal kingdom that there are two genders. Male and female. Medical technology may now make it possible to switch genders, but anything in between should be considered as 'undergoing operations'.