Haynes owner’s workshop manual – TIGER TANK

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Bad CO, Nov 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The penultimate competition from Haynes for an OWM, this time for a Tiger Tank. If you have need to First Parade a TT then this manual is for you. Have a look at the review by Jim24 here.

The competition will be run in the usual manner by completing the simple questions on Survey Monkey. Usual rules apply.

Tiger Tank.jpg

The competition will run until Sunday 26[SUP]th[/SUP] November, so if you are looking for a Christmas stocking-filler, get your entry in now!

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Re: Q1. What's a "Tiger Tak"..? :shock: :wink:

3. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's a Tiger Tank with some camouflage!
    Jeez, kin a man no make a typo these days :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

4. Wonder if the Tank Museum at Bovington will enter!!! They keep sending theirs away for repair!!!!

5. Re Question one. A Tiger Tak, was the earlier version of the Tiger Tank. Chatham Dockyard won the contract, initially but then sub contracted the work out to Aggie Westons. As the tank bits were built in Torpoint and the gun bit was built at RNAD Earnesettle it was impossible for the Torpoint Ferry to carry more than Two Tiger Taks per crossing. Sadly due to this they eventually lost the contract after building 6. Hope this helps you as I've already entered the competition. :-D Would I lie to you Chief?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

OK folks, finally got the winners and they are:

Napier
    Purple_Twiglet
    Gobbly_Wobbly

Well done and I will be in touch by email for your names and addresses.

The answers are:

Q1 Ferdinand Porsche

Q2 1839

Q3 Bovington Tank Museum. Some said the Musee des Blindes in France but while they have one, have got the engine started, Bovington has the only one that matches the question i.e. restored to full working order.