HAYNES OWM : Millennium Falcon

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Dec 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Here we go with the last competition from the Owner's Workshop Manual series kindly donated by Haynes Publishing.

This one ifs the the OWM for the Millennium Falcon so if you want to see what Chewbacca gets up to in deep space, then this book may not be the right one to read! However, if you want to know how the Millennium Falcon operates then this is the book for you. (It's fiction FFS)

The book has been reviewed by Witsend and can be viewed here: Review

Millennium Falcon.jpg

The entry form can be found by clicking here. 3 easy questions with all the answers hidden deeply in the internet.

The competition is for one of two copies of the book kindly donated by Haynes Publishing.

2. "Hans" Solo? "HANS"?

Blasphemy!!!!!!!!

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Done....................

4. Ageing_Gracefully

Mea culpa. I suppose that is because I am more of the Napoleon Solo generation :)

5. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Ref the 2nd question - I've put in the answer what the movie script was, and also what the novelisation was as there may be a difference in interpretation - trust this is okay!

6. done.............

7. It closed a long, time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

ed. - although janner may like this post as it increases his chances, the competition is still open. A-G

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ageing_Gracefully

Far, far from being closed this competition is still open and will be until Sunday 18th December at around mid-day.

So there is plenty of time to get your entry in.

9. OOPS! Sorry AG, I didn't mean to mislead anybody :hiding:

May The Force be with You.

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I got the other copy and might enter for this one. The force is truly strong in me.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

My Jedi mind tricks are fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
  12. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you find the stolen tapes of James Dinnen's sister, nor has it given you clairvoyance to find Finknottle's hidden fortress.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ageing_Gracefully

The Sith are strong in this thread. Beware my young Padawan's and read the competition details in the first post and ignore these pathetic attempts by the Sith to lure you from your path to a copy of the Oil Change instructions for a Millennium Falcon - the goal of all Jedi.

May The Force be with you!

p.s. there is also a great competition for a DVD of those ancient grey-funnel line ships which were used before Millennium Falcons. Have a look at the pathetic attempts of the ancients in early 20th Century. i.e. Big ships, big guns, lots of them!

14. Ageing_Gracefully

Competition now closed folks; winners chosen; disappointment to many!!!

the winners are:

Padme
    &
    lostscouser

I will eail them for their address etc. If anyone still wants a copy then buy from Amazon, link on review, or wait and see if Santa is good to you.

Answers are:

Q1 Sabacc; many gave the name of the competition but as long as it had sabacc then it was acceptable.

Q2 Less than 12 parsecs - note the phrasing so 12 parsecs is wrong and 11.5 is more precise and not the answer as given by Han Solo, regardless of discussion on wiki (may I remind you it is fiction! :-D )

Q3 Kashyyyk.

15. Not playing anymore. This is like the mess draw. People you have never heard of buying one ticket and winning top prize.

Grumble, grumble harumph.

• Like Like x 1