Haw, haw, haw, Hoare .....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Wightsparker, Aug 23, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What planet was he on?

......"Most people go there for sailing for two weeks a year. There's a sailing club that is one of the best in the world, where there's champagne," he had said.....

Most people? For the sailing? Loblocks. Yes, there is sailing, and certainly highly rated world-wide. But most people visit the Isle of Wight because it's an attractive place to spend their holidays. The percentage of Island visitors who do get past the front gate of the Royal Yacht Squadron, if that's the club he meant, is tiny.

As the boss of OFSTED, he could have tried harder at his maths.
  2. -
    Yep , try getting past this lot. :D
  3. I always thought that IoW spoiled the view from Stokes Bay!

When visiting, I found the broad foreheads and 6 fingers (per hand!) strangely attractive.......
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

It was the teeth that got me, is dentist a dirty word. Every burd had a face like a smashed piano.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

6. The bit about the yacht club I think.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. witsend

Naw, naw, naw...........

It's the bit about the 'ghetto'. It should have been slum.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ah. Someone who reckons that a bird is a burd is clearly an expert. Wonder if Witsend has ever been to the South Island?

9. The bit which indicated he had either never been there, or only to a particular sailing club. :rolleyes:
  10. witsend

This thread isn't quite going the way you wanted.
  11. OMG! Desolated. Was that Witsend or Bellend?
  12. witsend

Has your bottom lip stopped quivering yet?

13. I do hope you got your money back.

14. I expect he would have argued that this was simply an opportunity to widen the gene pool!
  15. witsend

When the Beagle sailed back into the Solent, Mr Darwin remarked that evolution appeared to have halted on the island and he would have to sent in a inspector for further investigation.

Appears like Charles was 170 odd years late sending in a inspector and the locals didn't like his findings.
  16. Now Now Boys .. play nicely! Although had the said gentleman in question had been more specific as in "people from Wroxhall etc etc" I might have been inclined to agreed with him! (Sonars observations re webbed feet and 6 fingers does have something of a ring of truth). However I will be interesting to see if the gentleman is now going to make good on his promise of coming for a visit (which was made before his retirement from public life or more like his early unintended departure from OFSTED) or if news of Wightsparker polishing up his Barratt .50cal has reached him :).
    • Like Like x 1
  17. witsend

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  18. I'd be very happy to rent him a holiday cottage. Can't guarantee access to the RYS, though.
    .50 calibre? Certainly not. Dragunev, unlikely. Spud gun or a couple of elderly free-range eggs? Possibly.