Havn't been payed

Discussion in 'UPO' started by lockyer6, Dec 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, woke up this morning to find out that I havn't been payed! Not a great feeling considering its New Year's Eve and I have bills to pay today. I was wondering whether this had happened to anyone else, and what the best way to resolve this would be considering I am on leave for another week. Thanks Ben
  2. Use less letters...the word is 'paid'. I believe contacting the UPO may be your best option. I don't know if the jpa cell can help...if you haven't got the number, I imagine someone will be long soon...unless they're all out on the piss! Happy new year...nearly!
  3. Have got access to JPA in work now, the JPAC enquiry centre can be contacted on 0141 2243600. Good Luck!
  4. Lol.
    Pretty sad when the serving members of our armed forces has to resort to this forum for advice.
    Shit, 2 dits and there both dripping about not being paid.
    How's about introducing yourself?
  5. I don't know what the modern Royal Navy is coming to.
    In our day it was a privilidge to serve and if you just happenned to collect a few shekels for doing so that was the icing on the cake.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I'm sure for many it's still a privilege to be serving for the Royal Navy. Although you do get the ones who go fcuking wild if they don't get any shekels. ^
  7. Okay, as a member of the white mafia, it could be a few things:

You've been AWOL,
    You've been in DQ's at MCTC,
    There may have been an incorrect move and track taken somewhere.

Without actually knowing the specifics, those three are usually the most likely to have caused a non-payment of your salary.

What I strongly suggest you do is to get hold of the Officer of the Watch of your establishment or ship and speak to the Duty Writer, who should be able to check. I'm quite happy to have a pm dropped to me if there's any specifics that might help you when you speak to whoever the duty bod is, in case any corrective action needs to be taken.

If you haven't also done so already, speak to all those who you make payments to and explain the situation. They're more understandable than you might think, even if you need to request making a double payment at the end of the following month.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

It's late, New Year, I'm not at my best but: is the OP serving or when referring to not being 'payed' is the OP merely missing a giro?
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  9. Sad....innit.......no wot I meen. ?
  10. He mentioned that he/she was on leave so I reckon so. On RR at 0200 on New Years night?? Dedication, I was dragging the mrs up the hill at Dartmouth.
  11. Is that what you call it these days, we used to call it "kicking her back doors in"
  12. Welcome to the reality of 'Horatio's' new Royal Navy, Ben!

I'm sure he'd appreciate an opinion from you on his thread:

13. Ha ha! Not for the lack of trying, but it would of been like trying to thumb cooked spaghetti in to a sleeping cats arse.
  14. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

dragged her up the hill an hour earlier.
    OP has 2 posts , the first of which is a classic wavering havering bullshitting knob jockey classic.

And almost everyone rushes to offer advice and / or criticise Service admin from a position of 'not a clue'.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Good post.

In addition, there's always the remote possibility is the OP has only just joined the service, is still in initial training and his pay account has not yet been created. Every so often we (AFCOs) get recruits calling us to say they've been in a couple of weeks, it's the end of the month & and they've not been paid yet.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. If WLS is who I think it is, he is a good all round bloke who bailed me out no end as Coxswain. Killicks course last year WLS????
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Indeed, almost to the day in fact. I'm attempting it again this month!

and thanks, I try not to be one of the cocks of the white mafia brigade!
    • Like Like x 2