Having trouble getting paid correctly?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Penstar, Sep 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, not signed yet - any form of protest like this by serving members of the Armed Forces could have an adverse effect on your complaint. Have you actually contacted our UPO or JPA Administrators to rectify the issues that concern you? I just think that the brunt of your petition is high on emotional sentiment but low on fact and reason:

:?

2. Thanks for your comments SGTPEPPERBAND. Unfortunately, I am not nor have I ever been a serving member. All routes via Administrators have been occupied but to no avail. Facts and figures need to be kept confidential and will stay in the Boardroom. :thanks:

3. My understanding was that this problem had been resolved. I would suggest that you write to the Chairman of the Defence Committee if this is still a problem, as I vaguely recall the Minister asserting that this problem had been resolved!

Contact details here.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

So if you are not nor have ever been a serving member of the Armed Forces, why are you promoting the petition? If you are petitioning on behalf of a serving person then THEY may contravening Service regulations in relation to making a complaint or representation.

Not dismissing your RIGHT to petition, but I just wanted some facts before I added my name to yet another petition that does not provide many facts... :roll:

5. Thanks Always_a_Civvy. You've been helpful. If I laminate you can I stick you in my pocket and carry you around with me?! :lol:

6. "So if you are not nor have ever been a serving member of the Armed Forces, why are you promoting the petition? If you are petitioning on behalf of a serving person then THEY may contravening Service regulations in relation to making a complaint or representation.

Not dismissing your RIGHT to petition, but I just wanted some facts before I added my name to yet another petition that does not provide many facts... "

I'm promoting because its an issue that needs attention. In an **** world I might kick your tyres and check your tax? :strong:

Thats fine, if you feel that negative towards the issue please do not sign. Thanks for looking though. :glomp:

7. So long as it's your trouser pocket, yes... :) :) :)

8. Sorry but please clarify what you mean here. Are you saying that there are some that have been in this situation for prolonged periods of time and have attempted to address the situation through their Imprest Office (this is in the Corps after all) and had no joy? Or are you saying that the endemic issue of individuals not being paid correctly but for short periods of time is the issue?

AAC the first port of call is within the CoC not the Defence Committee, hence my questions above.

IMD

9. Thanks for your questions and in answer to them;
    Both, some cases are one off's, some are for a few months, some are staggered.

It has to be generalised due to so many different circumstances.

I do understand that the use of CoC (I for one do not have one!) is necessary but in this case nobody seems to have the answers?

10. I raised the Defence Committee because if problems are persisting, despite Ministerial assurances, they need to be informed by someone at the sharp end. As for the CoC, of course, like all civvies, I don't have a CoC.

11. I agree with all 3 of your scenarios but as I have been in position to see the working of the system I offer the following; I am surprised that anyone in the RN/RM has had no joy when going through the pay office. By this I don't mean an immediate resolution but rather the setting in place of corrective action. I won't try to defend the mistakes made by Wtrs/Clerks in relation to pay, they are just that - mistakes but of course unlike other branches they can have a profound effect where for most people it counts most. The majority of errors I have seen; whether as a result of incorrect input or a significant number starting with incorrect information in the first place (let’s see how JPA solves that), have been resolved quickly. However some have dragged on and have caused angst to the individual. What I don't get is the implied failure of the CoC, every man has the absolute right to state a complaint if they feel the UPO/Pay office are not doing everything they can, or even if they are no resolution is in sight. Are you also saying that the CoC has failed in these “staggering†cases you elude too or that personnel don’t take this action?

As to no one having the answers there is a system in place for units to go beyond the central pay staff to what was Demander Functions (is it still this under JPA?), are you also asserting that this is failing to resolve queries or provide answers to them?

AAC I am unaware of the Ministerial assurance that our pay won't be screwed up at times, could you give me a ref please. Whilst accepting that the Def Council need to know of peristent failings of the system perhaps a better way would be for men to inform 2SL PLT, AG PLT, AF Parliamentary Scheme or even the padre/chaplain to be raised during their jamborees and the Unit CoC to raise it through their CoC.

Ready to receive incoming from all those that will tell me the Wtrs/C (I'm not one by the way) are tossers who don’t care/ are incompetent, etc.

As an aside (and in no way trivializing getting underpaid) let me other my experience on men’s reaction. It would appear that when under paid a man can reach the Pay Office in under 3 nano seconds but when being over paid men do not receive PS for at least 3 months, I wonder if there is a scientific formula to explain this!

IMD