Having no GCSE certificates for Raleigh

Hi. I applied for medical assistant (submariner) and have passed most of the stages before going to Raleigh. Only the PRNC left. I am doing my GCSEs this year however don't get results till August. Medical assistants on submarines do not require any qualification. What will happen with my starting dates? Will they delay it till after results or will i be fine going into Raleigh without knowing my GCSEs results?

You've already answered your own question "Medical assistants on submarines do not require any qualification."

Just let the training staff know what grades you got when they come in.

You've already answered your own question "Medical assistants on submarines do not require any qualification."
Thanks for quick reply.
Will I be required to resit the English and Maths GCSE at Raleigh if I fail? If not, Why would the training staff care what I get in my GCSEs?

You will do a maths and English test, not to GCSE standard though. The staff can record your A-C passes as they will be handy for the future, especially if you want to go for officer at a later date.

GCSEs are not required, you can sit them again later if you wish.

You will do a maths and English test, not to GCSE standard though. The staff can record your A-C passes as they will be handy for the future, especially if you want to go for officer at a later date.

GCSEs are not required, you can sit them again later if you wish.
Thank you!

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
You do "Functional Skills" in phase 2, you need to have Level 1 in English and Maths for promotion to Leading Rate. If you have your gcse certs (and you passed) you will be exempt from the English and Maths FS weeks and you will automatically have Level 2 FS, if you don't have them you will be in the classroom for those weeks.

You do "Functional Skills" in phase 2, you need to have Level 1 in English and Maths for promotion to Leading Rate. If you have your gcse certs (and you passed) you will be exempt from the English and Maths FS weeks and you will automatically have Level 2 FS, if you don't have them you will be in the classroom for those weeks.
Ok. thank you, that helped a lot!