HAVE YOUR SAY: The Future of Accommodation for Service Families

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Naval_Families_Federation, Jul 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HAVE YOU COMPLETED OUR SURVEY? The Future of Accommodation for Service Families

As part of a wider study, the MOD is looking into the future of accommodation for Service personnel and families. The NFF is the representative body for Royal Naval and Royal Marines families and is actively involved to make sure that the opinions of families are considered.

We are running a short survey on our website: www.nff.org.uk – please take 5 minutes to complete it. This is your chance to make your views count.

As an incentive to take part, a £100 shopping voucher will be given away to one lucky respondent. Survey completion date: 31 July 2011.

This survey is open to all Naval Service personnel and their family members, whether living in Service accommodation or in their own home.

The Army Families Federation and RAF Families Federation are running similar surveys to feedback the viewpoints of their families to the MOD.

If you have any difficulty accessing the survey contact the office on: 023 9265 4374 or e-mail: [email protected].

Many thanks to those who have already completed the survey. We have had a great response so far and received lots of useful additional comments via e-mail and on the message boards.

Pass the survey link onto your family members and colleagues who would like to have their say.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. Bring Samarez block back, got an old TV I need to get rid off.

3. 1 thing I definitely think should happen? Married personnel paying for accommodation in barracks, I don't get why they have this privilege.

4. All accom. should be better than the "Stables" in Dolphin

5. Blimey Stix, well done! I didn't have a clue what that was about!

Still don't - but well done anyhow.

6. I used bad England.

I meant that why should personnel of PS1 or 5S or C not have to pay for accommodation charges in barracks? 3, 4 and 5 have to, so why the discrimination?

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

They still had the hay racks when I was there

8. Dolphin or Bethlehem.:-D

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hello,

Many thanks to everyone who has filled out our housing survey, and for your additional comments here. We welcome such additional comments as they make the data we feedback to the MOD’s Future Accommodation Project team more meaningful. The comments from this board will be forwarded onto the MOD with all personal data removed.

We have had a really great uptake so far with some interesting and thoughtful feedback via e-mail and on the message boards. We know this subject is important to our families but we have been blown away by the response. Many different points have been raised with some common points emerging.

Please forward the survey link on to friends, family and colleagues who would appreciate the opportunity to have their say. As an incentive to take part a £100 shopping voucher will be given away to one lucky respondent.

This survey is open to all Royal Naval and Royal Marines personnel and their family members, whether living in Service accommodation or in their own home.

Survey closing date: 31 July 2011

Thanks again folks.

The NFF Team