Have You Forgotten?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Blackrat, Oct 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It takes a pongo to kick you lot up the arse, you slack swine.

Happy Trafalgar day.

2. Not forgotten, just didnt want to remind any e-Goat rejects we were winning wars long ago!!! :D

Cannon Balls and Sails, only things flying!!! :D

3. Can't talk, drinking :drunken:

Plus it's an Hossifer thing, us lower deck types prefer Pickle night

4. Blackrat

5. Besides bits of Frenchie :p

6. Blackrat

And i didn't want to remind you that you provided an excellent water taxi for us lot when we were carving out an empire on land. :D

7. I'm glad my fore-fathers were of great service :D

8. You're saying that you are in our debt yes? :D

9. Blackrat

Not me personally, you can poke it. I'm sure those that went before me have a huge amount of gratitude for the cramped conditions, the crap food and having to take their turn in the barrel whilst en route to colonise some shit hole or another. You fuckers owe me for letting you run riot in our bar down the Falklands in '91, leaving me to delegate someone to clear up.

10. Fuckin hell that's a lot of dads, did you have lots of uncles as well 8O :D

11. Sadly not!!

Looked at the Trafalgar National archive post recently, only one with my surname from Liverpool, my family originated from the Potteries and Holyhead in those days!! :oops:

12. Here it comes, blame us scousers for stealing your ancestor :p

Joking aside, Was having at the National Archive website the other day, amazing how far back the records go :)

13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Whazzat? Oh, yeah.

Happy Birthday Nelson, nice one mate, that taught the Spanish a lesson they'll not forget in a hurry.

14. Don't surprise me at all, Scousers have had records ever since recorded time.
    No doubt if they find older Egyptian buildings there will be some scally on it charged with stealing the first wheel. :roll: :D

15. Hahaha Priceless :D 8)

16. Its actually a well know fact in most of the world that the wheel was invented near what is now Chester.
    It was launched into use as a wheelbarrow as before they could make a second one, the scousers kept pinching the original and delayed the use of two wheels by a thousand years.
    Its in old Stirling's almanac. 8O :twisted: :roll: :D

17. Never mind all this other tosh - IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!! And unbelievably, my parents almost called me Horatio! That would have gone down well at school and later in the RN as a JS2!
    Took me ages to type that as for some reason I appear to be a bit squiffy - must be the bottle of Bombay Blue someone gave me!

18. Huzzah!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

19. Oh shiz, I see you've got the 1805 Crimewatch re-enactment of Sgt Seeker
    Royal Marines, getting Nelson's wallet on display.
    One of Royal's finest profs and he got credit for taking him down to the sawbones.
    Hoofin'. :lol:

20. Happy Birthday 'So Bo'!

Amongst the 'other Tosh' it is of some small significant that you share this year's birthday with the 50th Anniversary of the launch of HMS 'Doughnut' by Her Majesty at B-in-Furness.

[​IMG]