Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have we lost England?

LittleOne

Midshipman
ex-ex said:
On local news yesterday it was reported that since 1st Jan this year 90 unaccompanied children from Romania have decended on one Berkshire town forcing them to deal with the problem. It is a crisis which does exist but is being ignored by all parties, probably until it is to late.

Yeah I saw a report about that today and the kids who have come over were given their own houses straight away and when they were asked whether they wanted to be reunited with their families they said no they don't think they want to go back to Romania because they're being paid to stay in England. Thought that it seemed a tad unfair and they should've been encouraged to get some work or go to school while they're here.

LittleOne said:
ex-ex said:
On local news yesterday it was reported that since 1st Jan this year 90 unaccompanied children from Romania have decended on one Berkshire town forcing them to deal with the problem. It is a crisis which does exist but is being ignored by all parties, probably until it is to late.

Yeah I saw a report about that today and the kids who have come over were given their own houses straight away and when they were asked whether they wanted to be reunited with their families they said no they don't think they want to go back to Romania because they're being paid to stay in England. Thought that it seemed a tad unfair and they should've been encouraged to get some work or go to school while they're here.

I would send them up the chimneys or down the mines.then see how long they want to stay for !! :lol:

ettridge

Badgeman
Nicks said:
LittleOne said:
ex-ex said:

I would send them up the chimneys or down the mines.then see how long they want to stay for !! :lol:
I live in West Yorkshire where we have generous helping of ethnics.But i fly the English Flag outside my house and put bunting up on St Georges day.I,m English and proud of it .I make sure them buggers know what country there in.I,ve done my 12 in the mob and will allways be proud of this country.UP SPIRITS!!!!!

lsadirty

War Hero
I've gone back to the beginning of this thread and read every post: we didn't lose this country, the politicos GAVE IT AWAY, selling out to everything that Europe asked for (btw, I voted against it): look at the UK fishing industry - they're paying fishermen to scrap their boats to give their quotas to the French and Spanish ffs- just one example. However, I'm heartened by the number of people on this forum who want to remain British - it's a pity the civilian population never learnt the Service tradition of loyalty and duty to one's own Country. Politicians ? A virulent pox on the pox of them.

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
Standard_Bearer said:
I agree with everything you say B H but the sentence every nation puts their natives first! The Maori's in NZ, the aborigines in Oz, the North American Indians ad many others are treated as second or third class citizens.

The Maori's are not treated as second class citizens. They have more rights than everyone else over there. The problem is that a small minority are lazy, worthless wastes of space who cause trouble for the others. They can't be bothered playing what they see as a "white man's game" and would rather sit on the dole all day long and claim money from the government whilst claiming to be hard done by.

They have made land claims, saying that their lands were unfairly taken away. They've been given businesses which they have subsequently run into the ground after firing the white people and buying themselves all Merc's.

If I had those kind of rights, I'd be a lot better off. In NZ, the white people are the second class citizens, and the worst part is that the Maori didn't even originate in NZ. They came along and ate the Mori Ori who were their first!

Speaking as a Kiwi..

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
Nutty said:
wet_blobby said:
Buy Blitish....fcuk the rest.....

A bit like saying use the villiage store and driving down the road to Tesco's cos its much cheaper. Which happens here in Spain as well as the last two villiages I lived in when in the UK. How many new Rover cars or Triumph M/Cs did you own in the past 10 years??????

Uhm, a 1996 Rover 414Si, '97 Rover 416, '87 Range Rover Vogue, '67 Rover 2000SC and a '70 Rover 3500 Estate

Still have the last three along with my everyday car..

Blood

MIA
If I may ask, what is ENGLAND anyway? We haven’t lost anything have we, its just changing, as our community has done for thousands of years. England has always been a multi-racial, multi-faith and constantly changing society hasnt it? Isnt this constant change part of the very fabric of being English/British?

Blood mate, I think you'll find that the average Englishman/woman is not in any way rascist/sexist or,erm, religionist (ahem lack of vocabulary shines through there). We are happy living amongst other non English people THAT COME HERE TO ADD TO SOCIETY, just not so happy with those that come here purely to steal off us (by US I mean both petty crime and stealing off of the state as a whole) :)

Blood

MIA
Agree with you Lamri wholeheartly, didnt mean to sound like I was calling anyone a racist etc, sorry if it came across that way. I was just interested to what people think ‘England is’ and what is being English, I think everyone’s view is different; therefore it is hard to lose something which is very different to different people.

ukdaytona

War Hero
Not sure how many saw the Labour Deputy PM wannabe with Paxo the othernight but Harriet Harmon made a very interesting statement about the new Anti Terrorist Powers....

'.... as they did not know, the house did not know, the Police did not know and the muslim community did not know '

Why would the Muslim community need to be told on a new security policy BEFORE it is implemented ???

Lost England?
Flags?
A couple of tips on how to trash your car.

1. Fly the Flag of St George on your car whilst touring in Scotland.

2. Fly the Flag of St Andrew on your car whilst touring England.

Its not only the Ethnics you know.

lofty76

Well, we've definately lost Southsea!

All the distances in Km.

Avenue du Cannes

And a victorian bus shelter trashed

..... Must be in France.

brig

Nice to see the BNP is alive and well and showing their colours in Rum Ration

Get a life you twats !!

Mod Edit: If you don't like it, a useful hint..............DON'T READ IT!

onions

GCM
I am NOT a twat (some might think otherwise), I have a life and I do not belong to the BNP. However I do have a point of view. It's called "Free Speech", but not for for very much longer I fear.

I have just watched a programme about new laws that this Goverment have put on the statute book. You can now be arrested for wearing T shirts that have slogans like "Bollocks to Blair" on them. Police quoted the Serious crime section of state laws. "Testicles to Tony" was also thought to be offensive. More and more people are getting criminal records for protesting. Remember the old gut that was ejected from the Labour Conference a couple years ago? He was charged under the Terrorism Act. His crime? He replied "Nonsense" to a statement by Jack Straw.

So yes, we, The People, have lost this country. We have lost it through an inept Government giving more rights to illegal immigrants and criminals than to those who work and pay taxes.

I get pissed off Brig when people on the dole or who have entered this country illegally get more in benefits than myself, an old age pensioner.

So don't tell me to get a life, I've had one! But I hate to think what your's is going to turn out like!

Semper Strenuissima.

hobbit

War Hero
The most puzzling part of this discussion is the way the indigenous residents fight with each other as the country becomes more and more controlled by others . United we stand , divided we fall , alas , too late so fight on with each other . This is no longer the rivalry where after the discussion shake hands and share a pint , this is the real thing and yet still the internal fighting . Ah well , as Ned Kelly reputedly said before his last drop , " such is life ". Sad .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Comprehensive new funding package for councils to help address coronavirus pressures and cover lost income during the pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Billion pound Covid catch-up plan to tackle impact of lost teaching time MoD News 0
J The Lost Submarines in the Meditteranean in WW2 Submariners 29
MoD_RSS Sledge and flag from Shackleton’s Nimrod expedition at risk of being lost abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spellbinding Monet work worth £28 million at risk of being lost MoD News 0
G Lost Raleigh pass Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
SONAR-BENDER Lost U-boat story Submariners 0
B Lost pjft results The Quarterdeck 2
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp AEI - LOST AUSSIE BOAT FOUND AFTER 103 YEARS Submariners 1
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp HMS NARWHAL (lost 1940) History 0
Stirlin Search for lost landing craft. History 0
M Capita lost my medical notes! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
repoman RENOWN lost photo's Submariners 2
L CPO Fred Gannon - After any info/photos - all lost in fire. Nearest & Dearest 13
slim Request for Votes from HMS Lost Oppos Site Charity 8
SONAR-BENDER Has Argentina REALLY lost the plot? Diamond Lil's 4
Tanzi Lost oppo Miscellaneous 10
matt93 Lost my entry date. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
soleil Mail: 'RN Veteran Finally Receives His Medals, 64 Years After They Were Lost In Post' History 3
AAF Lost compo. The Gash Barge 4
soleil Pompey News: "More Than 1,500 Military Jobs To Be Lost" Current Affairs 5
soleil Time Team: "The Lost Submarine of WWI" - Ch 4 - Sunday July 7th 2013 - 20:00 Submariners 8
soleil Birmingham Post: "Face Of Birmingham Sailor Of Lost Dutch Submarine Revealed" Submariners 0
soleil "National Museum Of The RN Launches Appeal For Lost Stories From RN Colonial Forces" History 0
trelawney126 Another British Invention lost to others Current Affairs 3
andym Lost Medal Found. The Fleet 35
soleil BBC: "Phone Navigation Warning After Lost Hillwalkers Rescued From Trossachs" The Fleet Air Arm 1
J Has RR lost its way? The Quarterdeck 67
stan_the_man HMS COVENTRY 1982 Lost medal Diamond Lil's 4
labrum Lost Bowie footage found Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 7
soleil Pompey News: "Memorial For Nelson And Lives Lost At Sea" Bases / Shore Est 0
stan_the_man The lost generation Diamond Lil's 35
Topstop Lost new posts Bloody Computers 2
janner Tale of the lost cock Miscellaneous 0
soleil Mail: "Soldier Who Lost Legs In Taliban Blast Takes Part In Ultimate Endurance Race" The Corps 2
Naval_Gazer An opportunity lost Current Affairs 1
soleil Pompey News: "Book Award Honour For Marine Who Lost Three Limbs In Blast" The Corps 1
BillyNoMates Lost and Found Miscellaneous 3
soleil Pompey News: "Respects Paid To Lost HMS Affray Heroes" Submariners 0
soleil Pompey News: "Evidence Of UFO Encounter With HMS Manchester ‘Lost’" The Fleet 7
trelawney126 Have we lost the Plot? Current Affairs 2
T Lost photos History 1
soleil Pompey Service Will Remember Seafarers Who Lost Their Lives Bases / Shore Est 0
Jimpy lost email Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
S Lost I.D card Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 53
scouse 48 Seafires lost in 2 days at Landing on stations!!! The Fleet Air Arm 8
sgtpepperband Lost Cat Shenanigans Diamond Lil's 14
U British Ships lost in the Falklands war. The Gash Barge 25
soleil NY Times: "French Spy Sonar Lost Overboard in Trial Mishap" Current Affairs 0
Seaweed Helicopter lost in Borneo The Fleet Air Arm 42