Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have we lost England?

slim

War Hero
Jenny_Dabber said:
Hey, what about my post earlier, thought it was useful! Just cus I’m up the duff, don’t ignore me, or I will hunt you down!

:twisted:

But Jenny you see the points through the South's eyes, I see them through the North's.
Its about time that both Greece and Turkey got their arses out of Cyprus and let the two factions sort it out over coffee & bickies. When I worked in the North virtually every young person I spoke to wanted reunification.
 
D

Deleted 7

Guest
slim said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
Hey, what about my post earlier, thought it was useful! Just cus I’m up the duff, don’t ignore me, or I will hunt you down!

:twisted:

But Jenny you see the points through the South's eyes, I see them through the North's.
Its about time that both Greece and Turkey got their arses out of Cyprus and let the two factions sort it out over coffee & bickies. When I worked in the North virtually every young person I spoke to wanted reunification.

Different subject, this is the UK thread :lol: I see the views from all 3 sides but I also see an illegal occupation that has caused a lot of hurt. I agree that Cyprus is Cyprus and people should be left alone.

Back on topic

Maxi, I'm not a MOD, just an innocent party who was drugged one night in Guz and woke up here!
 
Jenny_Dabber said:
Back on topic

Maxi, I'm not a MOD, jsut an innocent party who was drugged one night in Guz and woke up here!

Don't bother me with your problems I have enough of my own, you wear the uniform you take the crap.

I used to know a very pleasant Crab, he was still a Crab though.
 

slim

War Hero
Jenny_Dabber said:
slim said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
Hey, what about my post earlier, thought it was useful! Just cus I’m up the duff, don’t ignore me, or I will hunt you down!

:twisted:

But Jenny you see the points through the South's eyes, I see them through the North's.
Its about time that both Greece and Turkey got their arses out of Cyprus and let the two factions sort it out over coffee & bickies. When I worked in the North virtually every young person I spoke to wanted reunification.

Different subject, this is the UK thread :lol: I see the views from all 3 sides but I also see an illegal occupation that has caused a lot of hurt. I agree that Cyprus is Cyprus and people should be left alone.

Back on topic

Maxi, I'm not a MOD, just an innocent party who was drugged one night in Guz and woke up here!


Oops
Sorry Jenny, should have checked the title. I will now go and sit in the naughty chair. :oops:
 
D

Deleted 7

Guest
Maxi_77 said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
Back on topic

Maxi, I'm not a MOD, jsut an innocent party who was drugged one night in Guz and woke up here!

Don't bother me with your problems I have enough of my own, you wear the uniform you take the crap.

I used to know a very pleasant Crab, he was still a Crab though.

EASYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
 

CRYSTALTIPS

Lantern Swinger
FlagWagger said:
YouAreHavingALaugh said:
It is a point many agree with, I know of 5 servicemen and two ex servicemen who have or are just about to emmigrate to either N Zealand or Australia. All because they and there families have had enough of our country. Mainly Blair his wife and the PC brigade, funny how blair brought in the new Human rights act and his wife makes millions from it for her company!
:(
It is sad to say but it is true.

Canada calling....

- Has the loss of England forced me out? No.
- Would a resurgence of England bring me back? - again no.

I moved for many reasons; I will admit that my feelings regarding Bliar, PC, Nu-Labour etc had an influence on my decision to look outside the country, they weren't however the main reason that I'm here. The primary one being that my line of work (engineering) is actually valued here in Canada rather than the UK approach which has seen the service "industry" assume precedence over all others.

Once I arrived here, it very quickly became apparent that my quality of life and cost of living here in Eastern Ontario are far superior to that of my previous existence in the UK.

There are many factors affecting the whole UK that need fixing before I would even contemplate returning - the UK of my childhood has gone and I don't like what has replaced it, nor do I believe that the UK is a healthy environment in which to raise kids.

Mass immigration, stealth taxation, PC infatuation, meaningless targets, expensive housing, over-crowding, law & order, the social fabric of the UK, NHS, the education system and corrupt politicians all need fixing before I would contemplate a voluntary return - and only then if you can do something about the weather!

I couldnt have said it better myself. I have always contemplated the issue of if and when i do decide to have children, which country (other than the UK) would be best to bring my children up in.
I know people who have moved over to Canada and said it was the best decision they have ever made especially on the note of wanting to give their children a better start off in life, hence the reason why i would strongly consider this if wanting to move abroad.

The area that i live in, even as an adult I do not feel safe in, let alone have a child playing out the front by themselves mixing with the Chav kids which are all up to no good!

Also with regards to work prospects, our once thriving economy is sending all of our work abroad. Look at the likes of our call centres being moved abroad and the once famous British steel now known as Corus which is starting to disintegrate at a very rapid pace!

What is this place coming to now??????????????????
Put it this way, theres nothing going for the UK anymore!!!!!!
 

CRYSTALTIPS

Lantern Swinger
brazenhussy said:
My grandparents who fought to keep this country great must be turning in their graves at the state we have gotten into! :evil:
This place is a mess and 'Great' Britain has long gone and i doubt it will ever return-we have lost what made us great as we have become the softest country of them all as we let everyone and anyone into this country-I personally love Australia's idea where if you don't have the qualifications and a job waiting then you don't get let into the country-maybe if we should apply this to our shores :?: :!:

You cant even fly the national flag without being 'racist'-how the heck is it racist? if you don't like it then don't look at it :!:


How come racism is always against those of coloured skin?How come it is never against white people? I remember a while ago a man of coloured origin being attacked by a group of white men and it was all over the papers yet a few weeks later when a white man was attacked and set alight by a group of coloured youths there was only a few lines about it?Why does it work this way but not the other?

The PC brigade are bloody ridiculous : I stupidly asked for black coffee in a coffee shop only to be told that it wasn't a black coffee and that it was a plain one-i was like whats the difference?

I'm sick of the pettiness of this crap-what next?'thats not a black cat, its a cat of coloured skin'-We must stop this PC crap before we aren't allowed to say anything for fear of offending someone somewhere

Exactly my point entirely. I bet poor Winston Churchill is turning in his grave, he fought so desperately during the second ww to stop the UK from being invaded by the Germans but look at us now, we are being invaded right under our noses, with no prospect of it ever stopping! In fact if anything, getting worse.

I mean did anyone watch the 10 oclock news on BBC 1 last night about Slough and how all these immigrants are now causing the local council to cut essential services just to accomodate them expense wise! And also they had a local woman on who has been homeless for over 12 months and she was denied anywhere to live as they were sorting the immigrants out first.
Well i have a very good idea that everyone else has probably already thought of.....Send them Uking back to where ever they came from. Then it would reduce taxes as we wouldnt have to consider them into everything, crime would probably go down, there would be places and jobs for UK citizens.........Im sorry but this subject really grips my Sh1t!!!!
 

slim

War Hero
Aussie
I agree with you that there are too many foreigners coming to the UK and scrounging from the system. I also agree that UK citizens should have priority when it comes to housing over immigrants. I am also of the opinion that anyone illegally in the country should be deported as quickly as possible and that any appeal should be made after deportation. If the appeal is successful then UK pays for flight back to UK.

However
There are plenty of jobs for UK citizens, foreign workers are not denying the indigenous population the right to work. Unfortunately many are leaving education with less than an adequate education and finding that because of this the only work available is low paid requiring little or no skills.
 

navyeo60

Lantern Swinger
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student - but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses, and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone. :( :(
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Far too many topics and points of view being mixed up here in this thread, but those who refer to our ancestors who fought for 'this country' are incorrect. they fought on behalf of everyone in a free world against an oppressive regime - winning us the the freedom that allows everyone to declare their personal/national/sexual pride in a public environment without fear of harm or intimidation. Also the freedom to voice our varied and diverse points of view in RR.
 

slim

War Hero
sgtpepperband said:
Far too many topics and points of view being mixed up here in this thread, but those who refer to our ancestors who fought for 'this country' are incorrect. they fought on behalf of everyone in a free world against an oppressive regime - winning us the the freedom that allows everyone to declare their personal/national/sexual pride in a public environment without fear of harm or intimidation. Also the freedom to voice our varied and diverse points of view in RR.

Fully agree with your comments SgtP
However they fought for among other things law and order and the right to exist in peace. The right to be able to walk anywhere in the Kingdom in safety. The right not to be blown up in the name of religion.
They did not die so that criminals be allowed to commit crime after crime and be set free to continue their activities, they did not die so that politicians when elected could force laws through parliament that the majority disagree with but mostly they did not die to see the EU taking control of our justice system.
Rant over.
 

aussiepint

War Hero
slim said:
Aussie
I agree with you that there are too many foreigners coming to the UK and scrounging from the system. I also agree that UK citizens should have priority when it comes to housing over immigrants. I am also of the opinion that anyone illegally in the country should be deported as quickly as possible and that any appeal should be made after deportation. If the appeal is successful then UK pays for flight back to UK.

However
There are plenty of jobs for UK citizens, foreign workers are not denying the indigenous population the right to work. Unfortunately many are leaving education with less than an adequate education and finding that because of this the only work available is low paid requiring little or no skills.

What the flying feck are you putting up your nose Slim?? What comments? I thanked GrapeShot for waving the flag on ANZAC day!! Did I miss something???
 

slim

War Hero
aussiepint said:
slim said:
Aussie
I agree with you that there are too many foreigners coming to the UK and scrounging from the system. I also agree that UK citizens should have priority when it comes to housing over immigrants. I am also of the opinion that anyone illegally in the country should be deported as quickly as possible and that any appeal should be made after deportation. If the appeal is successful then UK pays for flight back to UK.

However
There are plenty of jobs for UK citizens, foreign workers are not denying the indigenous population the right to work. Unfortunately many are leaving education with less than an adequate education and finding that because of this the only work available is low paid requiring little or no skills.

What the flying feck are you putting up your nose Slim?? What comments? I thanked GrapeShot for waving the flag on ANZAC day!! Did I miss something???

Please accept my Apologies Aussie
I was replying to Chrystaltips posting and put your name in instead of hers.
Of course I should have realised that the posting from Chyristaltips posting was far too well constructed, lucid and informative to have been submitted by yourself.
 
Nutty said:
wet_blobby said:
Buy Blitish....fcuk the rest.....

A bit like saying use the villiage store and driving down the road to Tesco's cos its much cheaper. Which happens here in Spain as well as the last two villiages I lived in when in the UK. How many new Rover cars or Triumph M/Cs did you own in the past 10 years??????


NUtty

Rover car? I always wondered who bought it!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Comprehensive new funding package for councils to help address coronavirus pressures and cover lost income during the pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Billion pound Covid catch-up plan to tackle impact of lost teaching time MoD News 0
J The Lost Submarines in the Meditteranean in WW2 Submariners 29
MoD_RSS Sledge and flag from Shackleton’s Nimrod expedition at risk of being lost abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spellbinding Monet work worth £28 million at risk of being lost MoD News 0
G Lost Raleigh pass Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
SONAR-BENDER Lost U-boat story Submariners 0
B Lost pjft results The Quarterdeck 2
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp AEI - LOST AUSSIE BOAT FOUND AFTER 103 YEARS Submariners 1
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp HMS NARWHAL (lost 1940) History 0
Stirlin Search for lost landing craft. History 0
M Capita lost my medical notes! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
repoman RENOWN lost photo's Submariners 2
L CPO Fred Gannon - After any info/photos - all lost in fire. Nearest & Dearest 13
slim Request for Votes from HMS Lost Oppos Site Charity 8
SONAR-BENDER Has Argentina REALLY lost the plot? Diamond Lil's 4
Tanzi Lost oppo Miscellaneous 10
matt93 Lost my entry date. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
soleil Mail: 'RN Veteran Finally Receives His Medals, 64 Years After They Were Lost In Post' History 3
AAF Lost compo. The Gash Barge 4
soleil Pompey News: "More Than 1,500 Military Jobs To Be Lost" Current Affairs 5
soleil Time Team: "The Lost Submarine of WWI" - Ch 4 - Sunday July 7th 2013 - 20:00 Submariners 8
soleil Birmingham Post: "Face Of Birmingham Sailor Of Lost Dutch Submarine Revealed" Submariners 0
soleil "National Museum Of The RN Launches Appeal For Lost Stories From RN Colonial Forces" History 0
trelawney126 Another British Invention lost to others Current Affairs 3
andym Lost Medal Found. The Fleet 35
soleil BBC: "Phone Navigation Warning After Lost Hillwalkers Rescued From Trossachs" The Fleet Air Arm 1
J Has RR lost its way? The Quarterdeck 67
stan_the_man HMS COVENTRY 1982 Lost medal Diamond Lil's 4
labrum Lost Bowie footage found Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 7
soleil Pompey News: "Memorial For Nelson And Lives Lost At Sea" Bases / Shore Est 0
stan_the_man The lost generation Diamond Lil's 35
Topstop Lost new posts Bloody Computers 2
janner Tale of the lost cock Miscellaneous 0
soleil Mail: "Soldier Who Lost Legs In Taliban Blast Takes Part In Ultimate Endurance Race" The Corps 2
Naval_Gazer An opportunity lost Current Affairs 1
soleil Pompey News: "Book Award Honour For Marine Who Lost Three Limbs In Blast" The Corps 1
BillyNoMates Lost and Found Miscellaneous 3
soleil Pompey News: "Respects Paid To Lost HMS Affray Heroes" Submariners 0
soleil Pompey News: "Evidence Of UFO Encounter With HMS Manchester ‘Lost’" The Fleet 7
trelawney126 Have we lost the Plot? Current Affairs 2
T Lost photos History 1
soleil Pompey Service Will Remember Seafarers Who Lost Their Lives Bases / Shore Est 0
Jimpy lost email Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
S Lost I.D card Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 53
scouse 48 Seafires lost in 2 days at Landing on stations!!! The Fleet Air Arm 8
sgtpepperband Lost Cat Shenanigans Diamond Lil's 14
U British Ships lost in the Falklands war. The Gash Barge 25
soleil NY Times: "French Spy Sonar Lost Overboard in Trial Mishap" Current Affairs 0
Seaweed Helicopter lost in Borneo The Fleet Air Arm 42
Similar threads


















































New Posts

Top