Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have we lost England?

silverfox said:
FlagWagger said:
Mass immigration, stealth taxation, PC infatuation, meaningless targets, expensive housing, over-crowding, law & order, the social fabric of the UK, NHS, the education system and corrupt politicians all need fixing before I would contemplate a voluntary return - and only then if you can do something about the weather!

Was going to put some comment about us all having PC infatuation if the number of our posts is anything to go by.....

.....but then realised you were talking about Political Correctness....which would render such a comment stupid....... :oops:

Well Well Well a stupid comment on this thread wouldn't want that would we ... still PMSL ... :lol:
 

Jarhead

War Hero
I've been mostly silent on this point, but i feel as if i have something to say. If you feel i'm being presumptuous, I apologize.

England isn't lost; most of what she has lost she can regain, if the nation as a whole has the will.

England will be lost when those who care about her are outnumbered by those who care only for what she can give them.
 

charlieoppo

Badgeman
yet even here in our own country this sort of thing is slowly becoming the norm- god forbid we do something incase we upset the foreigners(immigrants- whether legal or not) who have CHOSEN to come here........ Well bloody sorry - Im ENGLISH - born here lived here went to school here and worked here- if i offend you- sod off back to where you were born. :evil: :evil:[/quote]

Too right!!! But I bet when you take your bike out for a good thrash on a decent road, somehow it doesn't all seem so bad :D Until, of course, you stop for a cup of tea and the polac behind the counter doesn't understand you :roll:
 
Jarhead said:
England will be lost when those who care about her are outnumbered by those who care only for what she can give them.

I honestly think we are very close to that point now mate.
 
Grape_Shot said:
aussiepint said:
Ahhhh, sorry Grapeshot. ANZAC stands for 'Australian and New Zealand Army Corps'. As FANTASTIC as I think it is that you do this, you might need to buy a NZ flag whilst your off getting your corrected St George's flag, as per Maxi 77's suggestion. 8O
This is starting to prove expensive for you mate, isn't it? :p
Cheers on behalf of my family for commemorating ANZAC day. :)

A bit expensive? Yes Aussie it is. After I buy the St. George flag, NZ flag, St Andrews, St. Patrick's, Cornish Ensign, Dewi Sanct's Cross, and fly all along with the Union, Australian, & Stars & Stripes, my home will look like the bloody UN! And that my friends will simply not do. :lol:

No, just the Commonwealth of Nations, that's OK
 
silverfox said:
just a quick note, don't want to go off thread or anything.... but if England is lost.... could you find it before Thursday only I'm due my R&R.... :lol:

If they haven't found it by then you ar3e quite welcome to pop up to Scotland.
 
Jarhead said:
England will be lost when those who care about her are outnumbered by those who care only for what she can give them.

Too true JH,

I believe a lot of this type are currently squatting in local and national government seats - as I noted previously it's a case of 'What can my country do for me, and not what I can do for my country'
 
My grandparents who fought to keep this country great must be turning in their graves at the state we have gotten into! :evil:
This place is a mess and 'Great' Britain has long gone and i doubt it will ever return-we have lost what made us great as we have become the softest country of them all as we let everyone and anyone into this country-I personally love Australia's idea where if you don't have the qualifications and a job waiting then you don't get let into the country-maybe if we should apply this to our shores :?: :!:

You cant even fly the national flag without being 'racist'-how the heck is it racist? if you don't like it then don't look at it :!:


How come racism is always against those of coloured skin?How come it is never against white people? I remember a while ago a man of coloured origin being attacked by a group of white men and it was all over the papers yet a few weeks later when a white man was attacked and set alight by a group of coloured youths there was only a few lines about it?Why does it work this way but not the other?

The PC brigade are bloody ridiculous : I stupidly asked for black coffee in a coffee shop only to be told that it wasn't a black coffee and that it was a plain one-i was like whats the difference?

I'm sick of the pettiness of this crap-what next?'thats not a black cat, its a cat of coloured skin'-We must stop this PC crap before we aren't allowed to say anything for fear of offending someone somewhere
 
brazenhussy said:
You cant even fly the national flag without being 'racist'-how the heck is it racist? if you don't like it then don't look at it :!:

Until recently, it was considered illegal, by the townhall nazis, to fly the English flag unless it was from a properly installed pole erected with permission of said same town hall nazis.
They, of course, never said nothing to the other nationalities flying their own country's flag.

Now, anyone can fly the flag as and when they wish.

The ones crying 'racist' are the ones most likely to be so, in my view.
 
brazenhussy said:
How come racism is always against those of coloured skin?How come it is never against white people?

Not true BH, its called "Positive Discrimination" mate.

Because having a name like that makes it alright :twisted:
 
golden_rivet said:
silverfox said:
FlagWagger said:
Mass immigration, stealth taxation, PC infatuation, meaningless targets, expensive housing, over-crowding, law & order, the social fabric of the UK, NHS, the education system and corrupt politicians all need fixing before I would contemplate a voluntary return - and only then if you can do something about the weather!

Was going to put some comment about us all having PC infatuation if the number of our posts is anything to go by.....

.....but then realised you were talking about Political Correctness....which would render such a comment stupid....... :oops:

Well Well Well a stupid comment on this thread wouldn't want that would we ... still PMSL ... :lol:

nice contribution there!
 
whitemouse said:
brazenhussy said:
You cant even fly the national flag without being 'racist'-how the heck is it racist? if you don't like it then don't look at it :!:

Until recently, it was considered illegal, by the townhall nazis, to fly the English flag unless it was from a properly installed pole erected with permission of said same town hall nazis.
They, of course, never said nothing to the other nationalities flying their own country's flag.

Now, anyone can fly the flag as and when they wish.


The ones crying 'racist' are the ones most likely to be so, in my view.

opps- didn't know that!! :oops:
wonder if gosport council will let me fly one??!!!
 

ukdaytona

War Hero
I blame the French as most of the 'illegals' come through France.

I dont go into town anymore as the number of non english speaking people far outweigh the number of english speakers. Even walking around my local supermarket probably 25% of the customers/staff are non english speaking.

Now I say this in all honesty - I have no problems with anyone coming to this country and contributing the the coffers pot and learning the language but those who have no intention of paying into the pot or learning the language should be given a 1 way ticket back to France.
 
brazenhussy said:
whitemouse said:
brazenhussy said:
You cant even fly the national flag without being 'racist'-how the heck is it racist? if you don't like it then don't look at it :!:

Until recently, it was considered illegal, by the townhall nazis, to fly the English flag unless it was from a properly installed pole erected with permission of said same town hall nazis.
They, of course, never said anything to the other nationalities flying their own country's flag.

Now, anyone can fly the flag as and when they wish.


The ones crying 'racist' are the ones most likely to be so, in my view.

opps- didn't know that!! :oops:
wonder if gosport council will let me fly one??!!!

Fly it with pride, I do, and I also have one in the window of the car.
(I also live in the Smoke, and it's a thumb of the nose to our resident Mayor !!)

:)
 

The_Wonderer

War Hero
A really good thread BH. I could'nt agree with you more.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one; but good to see I'm not!
:wink:
 

flatscrubber

Badgeman
England is totally lost in my view and has changed a hell of a lot for the worse since the 60's,in fact probably snce the 80's. England and being English used to fill me full of pride,reading about our glorious history and famous last ditch battles like Rorkes Drift,Imphal/Kohima, looking at footage from the Falklands and thinking no other country on earth would do that.Reading about the glorious history of the Navy and my favorite historical quote of all time by Admiral Cunningham when ordering the Navy to evacuate the Army from Crete"it takes 3 years to build a ship and 300 to build a tradition".
Nowadays any kind of history which harks back to national pride is scorned at,the country has no pride in itself and can't even build anything anymore. Many communities that were once proud and self sufficant all around the country are either full of unemployed or long term sick or under siege from immigrants or criminals who,for whatever reason the Govt won't Jail.
Totally fed up of it and resigned to England being carved up into the Euro regions and probably islamic in 30 years.
How depressing!!!
 

slim

War Hero
flatscrubber said:
England is totally lost in my view and has changed a hell of a lot for the worse since the 60's,in fact probably snce the 80's. England and being English used to fill me full of pride,reading about our glorious history and famous last ditch battles like Rorkes Drift,Imphal/Kohima, looking at footage from the Falklands and thinking no other country on earth would do that.Reading about the glorious history of the Navy and my favorite historical quote of all time by Admiral Cunningham when ordering the Navy to evacuate the Army from Crete"it takes 3 years to build a ship and 300 to build a tradition".
Nowadays any kind of history which harks back to national pride is scorned at,the country has no pride in itself and can't even build anything anymore. Many communities that were once proud and self sufficant all around the country are either full of unemployed or long term sick or under siege from immigrants or criminals who,for whatever reason the Govt won't Jail.
Totally fed up of it and resigned to England being carved up into the Euro regions and probably islamic in 30 years.
How depressing!!!

Muslims represent about 5% ot the UK population. Even with prolific breeding it will take a lot longer than 30 years to achieve a majority large enough to make the UK Islamic.
 
D

Deleted 7

Guest
Hey, what about my post earlier, thought it was useful! Just cus I’m up the duff, don’t ignore me, or I will hunt you down!

:twisted:
 
Jenny_Dabber said:
Hey, what about my post earlier, thought it was useful! Just cus I’m up the duff, don’t ignore me, or I will hunt you down!

:twisted:

JD I thought you would have notice we tend to ignore the Mods until it is to late.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Comprehensive new funding package for councils to help address coronavirus pressures and cover lost income during the pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Billion pound Covid catch-up plan to tackle impact of lost teaching time MoD News 0
J The Lost Submarines in the Meditteranean in WW2 Submariners 29
MoD_RSS Sledge and flag from Shackleton’s Nimrod expedition at risk of being lost abroad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spellbinding Monet work worth £28 million at risk of being lost MoD News 0
G Lost Raleigh pass Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
SONAR-BENDER Lost U-boat story Submariners 0
B Lost pjft results The Quarterdeck 2
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp AEI - LOST AUSSIE BOAT FOUND AFTER 103 YEARS Submariners 1
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp HMS NARWHAL (lost 1940) History 0
Stirlin Search for lost landing craft. History 0
M Capita lost my medical notes! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
repoman RENOWN lost photo's Submariners 2
L CPO Fred Gannon - After any info/photos - all lost in fire. Nearest & Dearest 13
slim Request for Votes from HMS Lost Oppos Site Charity 8
SONAR-BENDER Has Argentina REALLY lost the plot? Diamond Lil's 4
Tanzi Lost oppo Miscellaneous 10
matt93 Lost my entry date. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
soleil Mail: 'RN Veteran Finally Receives His Medals, 64 Years After They Were Lost In Post' History 3
AAF Lost compo. The Gash Barge 4
soleil Pompey News: "More Than 1,500 Military Jobs To Be Lost" Current Affairs 5
soleil Time Team: "The Lost Submarine of WWI" - Ch 4 - Sunday July 7th 2013 - 20:00 Submariners 8
soleil Birmingham Post: "Face Of Birmingham Sailor Of Lost Dutch Submarine Revealed" Submariners 0
soleil "National Museum Of The RN Launches Appeal For Lost Stories From RN Colonial Forces" History 0
trelawney126 Another British Invention lost to others Current Affairs 3
andym Lost Medal Found. The Fleet 35
soleil BBC: "Phone Navigation Warning After Lost Hillwalkers Rescued From Trossachs" The Fleet Air Arm 1
J Has RR lost its way? The Quarterdeck 67
stan_the_man HMS COVENTRY 1982 Lost medal Diamond Lil's 4
labrum Lost Bowie footage found Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 7
soleil Pompey News: "Memorial For Nelson And Lives Lost At Sea" Bases / Shore Est 0
stan_the_man The lost generation Diamond Lil's 35
Topstop Lost new posts Bloody Computers 2
janner Tale of the lost cock Miscellaneous 0
soleil Mail: "Soldier Who Lost Legs In Taliban Blast Takes Part In Ultimate Endurance Race" The Corps 2
Naval_Gazer An opportunity lost Current Affairs 1
soleil Pompey News: "Book Award Honour For Marine Who Lost Three Limbs In Blast" The Corps 1
BillyNoMates Lost and Found Miscellaneous 3
soleil Pompey News: "Respects Paid To Lost HMS Affray Heroes" Submariners 0
soleil Pompey News: "Evidence Of UFO Encounter With HMS Manchester ‘Lost’" The Fleet 7
trelawney126 Have we lost the Plot? Current Affairs 2
T Lost photos History 1
soleil Pompey Service Will Remember Seafarers Who Lost Their Lives Bases / Shore Est 0
Jimpy lost email Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
S Lost I.D card Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 53
scouse 48 Seafires lost in 2 days at Landing on stations!!! The Fleet Air Arm 8
sgtpepperband Lost Cat Shenanigans Diamond Lil's 14
U British Ships lost in the Falklands war. The Gash Barge 25
soleil NY Times: "French Spy Sonar Lost Overboard in Trial Mishap" Current Affairs 0
Seaweed Helicopter lost in Borneo The Fleet Air Arm 42
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

Top