Have to get it off my chest...

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Rodgersthecabinboy, Aug 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Its been there a long time now,festering away over the past years and not going away,every time I pick up a copy of the Navy News its there again,as painfull as ever.
    I have wondered how I could express my self for a long time and now,having found this forum,I thought,well to hell with it,let it rip.
    So being prepared to take on the wrath of womans lib,gay and lesbian rights,friends of the earth,the flat earth society and all liberal do-gooders,bent on letting this country go down the pan,here we go!!

Its probably been well trawled over and done to death on here before,but as confession is good for the soul,getting this of my chest, might just relese me from it and bring me into the 21st centuary.

To my knowledge the fleet has only ever mutinied twice,once at the Nore and Spithead in the 1790s and again at Invagordan in the 1930s.
    Well to my mind they should have mutinied again when they were issued with those Bloody stupid looking new pork pie caps.
    Who in Gods name designed them,what mincer, come wanker at the M.O.D. pushed them onto the fleet and at what cost!!
    They make Jack look like a childs bubble bath container and if that was not bad enough they gave them to woman to wear and Bloody ridiculous they look in them too,like a second rate school girls rendition of H.M.S.Pinafore.

Oh! the joy of the 1960s,70,and 80s, to see a woman in naval uniform then,the smartest,sexiest military uniform ever designed and worn by a woman anywhere in the world.Evan the most plainest of girls wearing it could bring on a wet dream!
    Jack going ashore then was the smartest ambassador for his country of any nation in the world..
    Get rid of that cap and bring back the old one's,lets see both men and woman looking smart and seaman like again.
    Also, while I am on a rant,looking at some cap ribbon bows,it makes me wonder if the owners can tie their shoelaces,come on lads and lasses,lets be a bit creative as of old.

There its out now!I have said it,but before you go ape-shit and hit the keyboard,remember this and remember it well,for we have fought countless wars to be able to say it.

All replies to
    Cuthbert Rodgers Smallpiece,
    Rose Cottage,retirment home for distressd Gentlemen.
    Walton, near the Jail.
  2. Oh yes I use to love dressing as an Edwardian child. Cant see I didnt have a rueful smile on my face when I swapped that rig when I got the B13, although I do agree, in this modern day of equality it was an absolute disgrace that they got rid of the Wrens' uniform.
  3. Its the stockings I miss. (My wifes stopped me wearing them) :lol:
  4. It was time to leave the mob when Sailors started wearing flairs, :wink: ,i honestly agree with you about the uniform making modern day jack/jenny look silly,mind you i suppose jack from the 1800s would think how silly we looked especially us lot from the 80/90s let alone modern day sailor/sailores`s
  5. Totally agree.I was/ am an old Blue badge Jennie,the Wrens always looked smart during my time 1970 thru 1992 and if they started slacking they had me the old and bold Chiefwren to deal with.It was always a requirement to wear the lagging as well.
    As my late hubby used to say when I was getting ready to go on watch wearing white shirt and tie and the seamed stockings "Now wonder you Wrens get nto trouble"
    Women in 8's YUK!!

See the gallery for a proper looking wren!!
  6. A highly dangerous practice I would think.

But seriously, you stayed another ten years (variable depending on dit)?
  7. Yeh i left in 1990,i know we have to and i accept change lets face it it would look pretty silly if jack still put tar on his platted hair ,bit of a bugger to clean that nice blue collar :D
  8. I've tried but where abouts in the gallery are they. Seem to be as elusive as the Chief Wren Jack Dusty at Vernon. :wink:
  9. Ah!!!oooo. The Sockings, memory's such sweet memory's.
    When the Matron in here is not looking and I can get hold of a couple of ounce's. I still stow my old Shag into a pair.
    Keeps it nice and fresh.
  10. Trelawney
    Have a look in the Gallery under Truth about the User and look in Top rated
    There is a piccie of me as a Powren and also as a Chief
  11. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

MH: Saw it a long time ago, and the memory still haunts me... :shock: :lol:

Actually, I might have to print out another copy; my last one got damaged because I forgot to laminate it... :twisted:
  12. You Sarg are very naughty!!!

Are you coming to Tot Time in the Kepps on 3rd Oct about 1300

I am ticker offer wink wink
  13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

MH: 'Fraid not (again) as my country needs me (i.e. am on duty...) :oops:

Have a Tot for me... :thumbleft:
  14. Steve

That's the last time I buy you a brandy!! :wink: :lol:
  15. Oh shucks! :sad2:

PS: All attempts to court the Bearded Wren have failed. Do you think she's playing hard to get at?

PPS: If you see Chris again buy him a warmed brandy at Magnolia from me: I'll reimburse you via PayPal. Nutty and me still remember how she warmed the brandy for us! ;) Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  16. Some Cuties here, yours is the one with the googs!!! like Cyril Fletcher steve :lol: :lol: http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/1989_71_16(1).jpg
  17. LUSH! :wink:
  18. Who opened that box of Jennies, and what date, are they still fresh? 8O :roll: :wink: