have an interview scheduled for officer entry - help needed!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Cozza, Dec 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. first of all, hi everyone, have been viewing the boards with interest over the last couple of days, the whole bit about britannia college looks very helpful indeed

basically, i'm applying as a warfare officer (submariner), i passed my psychometric tests a couple of weeks ago and now have an interview scheduled with a careers advisor, basically the letter i received informing me of this detailed that i would be 'questioned on my knowledge of my level of service', basically, do i now need to start reading up on the boats etc? what other stuff would it help for me to know?

also, im not planning on entering until late 2009, as i have to re-take my maths gcse next academic year. is it probable that i will do my AIB before or after i get my maths GCSE result?

thanks

2. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You need to start developing your level of knowledge about the RN in general and the Submarine service in particular.

The RN website willl have all you need to know at this stage.

3. Re: have an interview scheduled for officer entry - help nee

cheers for that, anyone else got any tips?

4. Re: have an interview scheduled for officer entry - help nee

Thats basically all we can advise you with at this stage it really is a case of knowing ships, boats, training pipeline, submarines, planes, helicopters, where we are and what we're doing there.

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Re: have an interview scheduled for officer entry - help nee

1. Buy some red cords and brown brogues from Gieves and Hawkes.
    2. Develop a thick skin, quick wit and sharp tongue.
    3. Listen to subordinates and superiors alike.
    4. Welcome to RR!

:thumright:

6. Hi i had my interview 3 weeks ago not officer interview but my tip is just be yourself i made sure that i new mostly about the traning and how long you can serve. I was not asked about any ships or my trade dont forget they are not trying to catch you out just be yourself most of the questions will be straight forward. I know it may be diffrent from my interview just trying to give some idea.

7. On submarines your AFCO should have a book on submarines and there training and a dvd. I got one from my local AFCO and it helps you alot.

8. If you cant get it PM me and i will send it to you as i have 2

9. Re: have an interview scheduled for officer entry - help nee

yeah i got that dvd as well, guess i'll have to do some revising tonight! when are you planning on joining?

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Chico: Once again, you are giving out confusing information; if you read the title of this thread it is apparent that Cozza is interested in joining as an Occifer and thus requires assistance in preparation for his AIB, something that you are evidentally not going to be doing yourself.

A joke is a joke, but can I ask you to confine your limited knowledge to the threads you have specific information on? You're not helping anyone, and you are just making yourself look stupid... :roll: