Has This Government No Shame

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Maxi_77, May 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8037181.stm

Now I remember watching the minister for immigration saying on TV in a HofC committee that no Gurkha presently in the UK would be deported.

Either once again the sheER bungling incompetance of the Home Office has surfacxed again where despite ministerial descision serpents just carry on in auto, or the minister was being perhaps deliberately misleading.

2. I presume this is a tongue-in-cheek question?

3. "Actress Joanna Lumley met Gordon Brown on Wednesday to discuss the issue...After the meeting, she said she trusted the prime minister to do "the right thing" for the Gurkhas."

I've always liked Joanna Lumley, but I think that she must be really fcuking stupid to trust or believe anything Brown says.

4. Just one more glaring example of speaking out of both sides of your moth at the same time. This government and their Serpant cronies are incapable of telling the truth about anything.

Hang the lot of em.

5. I got the feeling that she was trying to put him on the spot by saying that. She was sort of shaming him into doing the right thing, I don't think the words were sincere.

6. Agree with that Chief.

I'm of the opinion that the lovely Lady has well and truly backed him into a corner, without a Get Out Of Jail card.

Nice one Jo'

Jerry

7. Exactly, she was very open with the press and now it's on public record, see if he squirms over this...;)

8. Viewed the immigration minister on the politics pgm yesterday afternoon. Smug tawt!! After the gurkha conversation he then went on to talk about the Royal Mail and why it should be part privatised. If these comics are so smart and can comment on all things why do we have so many ministers?

9. I don't think trying to back him into a corner and trying to shame him will make the slightest difference. Whenever anyone has a go at him politically he just sits there fat, dumb and happy, gurning like a loon.

10. Methinks they wriggle, but not squirm

Watch the slippery fatherless pols

11. I did realy enjoy seeing Joanna take charge of the prat Woolas and embarras the hell out of him on prime time TV. BZ Joanna, it really shows that the Home Office is still as incompetant as it has always been under NuLabor.

Time to sack all the Home Office ministers.

12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator