Has the Scum Called it right

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Maxi_77, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does it matter? Does the average Scum reader care? An endorsement from this rag (one way or another) is arguably no different to one from the Beano or Viz (does that still exist?) or any other comic.

2. AFAIK, The Sun has a pretty good record of backing the winner. They've given themselves 7 months to persuade their readership.

3. I thought this thread was gonna be about Man Utd :D

4. A lot of people read the sun who are how you say easily lead, therefore that should mean a lot more conservative votes bearing in mind the Sun is one of the most popular papers in the UK if not the most popular.

5. In fact The Sun's endorsement is seen as the most critical to have in the run up to an election, Tony Blair went to huge lengths to secure in 1997. Its not just this one article, they will now put a slant on every article to do with the election for the next however many months it turns out to be. I think it will have more of an impact than people think.

Well done The Sun for seeing the light!

6. I wonder if they will change their background from red to blue now?

7. What I find disconcerting is the fact that the Scum is being used by its foreign owner, to interfere in British democracy. :evil:

8. Who?

9. I think that's a given

10. I am not so sure it is, most of the papers print what their readers want to see, that's how they sell papers, equally they all want to look as if they are opinion formers.

So has the Sun decided that on balance it's readers have changed sides or are they so pompous they believe they can swing the electiom. Interesting question.

Or was there choice made on the basis of the Yougov daily poll that showed support for the tories rising despite or because of Gordons little chat to the faithfull (aboutr the only ones who seem to listen to him these days)

http://www.yougov.co.uk/today/

11. Unfortunately propaganda works. If the majority of Sun readers only read that paper to gain information it's easy to influence people. It's a system that's worked for centuries. In extreme cases, totalitarian states ALWAYS take over the media first i.e. USSR or Zimbabwe. Like I say that's OTT in this instance but the principle applies IMO

12. The Sun comes from the News International stable. News internaation is owned by Rupert Murdoch. Rupert used to be Australian but wanted to expand his media empire into America. So he dropped Australia and changed his citizenship to AMerican instead.
    Rupery Murdoch doesn't back losers only high potential winners.

Says it all really for Labour. Bye Bye - oh, and coming out with your own policies and slogans. Stop taking them from the BNP.
    Daniel hannan is\was right. You really are a devalued Prime Minister of a devalued Governemnt.
    Just Go now.

13. I still want a referendum on whether or not we stay in Europe ! But none of the dishonest Polly bastards Left, Right or vote wasters will give us one.

Roofs

14. The bit about the Sun's annnouncement that really strikes me is that it was made within hours of Gordon Brown's morale raising speech to his troops at the Party conference. That sums up his total uselessness I reckon.

15. Whatever flag/nationality of convenience he uses, I still regard him as an Antipodean oik, who should keep his bell-end out of British democracy, and stop fcking with it.

16. Totally agree. Wonder if the same can be said about the Saudi's who pump billlions into UK PLC with their defence contracts affects Government policy?

17. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

So, has Cameron done a deal with Murdoch and his tax evasion?

Face it guys and girls. Why should you be bothered who the Sun backs? They are only backing 'our Boys' because it pricks the brief nationalistic consciousness of the knuckle draggers. I don't see the streets packed with protesters about stopping the war or equipping the troops properly. All we see are 'it's an outrage!' in the letters page and lasses with their tits out wearing DPM, which raises their circulation, but does feck all for the real world. Besides, whoever gets in, it will change nothing. The only time it will change for us as a public sector body is if we down tools and stop work. Which we will never do.

levers

18. The Sun is the ideal paper for the compost heap, full of shite so helps to break down organic matter easily.