Has slim secretly been living in scotland?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by wet_blobby, Nov 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

2. Thanks for the compliment Blobby, not me I'm afraid, however Maxi is extremely close to that part of Scotland.

3. A blinder!!

4. Slim

I fear that if I had been as pissed of as this chap seems to have been I may not have managed to keep my laguage quite as temperate as that chap. It hit theTV last night but tey did not interview the author.

I moved out of Edinburgh last year, and any way have never lived in Leith so I have a pretty good alibi.

5. So Maxi It isn't you and it isn't me. However I wish I had done it :thumright:

6. The one bit of his story that does not entirely ring true is his inability to speak to any one when he phoned, I had a few occasions when I had to call the plod in a non urgent manner and even if there was no one available in the local nick you went through to the main switchboard automaitically and were then transfered to an appropriate officer in your area, all taking a few seconds. The system is quite swish and in my albeit limited experience effective. Of course recently the Leith plod have been a trifle busy enforcing the new anti kerb crawling legislation and that does take them to the other side of Leith.

7. Normally talking to a civvy who then decides if you need to talk to a real police officer. Same as trying to book an apointment at the docs the receptionist come brain surgeon then decides if you need to see a doctor.

8. As I said I have used the system here and it does work, the operator is obviously not trained to filter just to connect and in general it works well.

The shame is that too many of the real plods are too busy with paperwork to be actually available for dealing with criminals, so if they are having another push on the kerb crawlers in Leith then that is the whole Leith police force invlved.

9. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Last time I got arrested five plod cars, the riot van and 7 coppers turned up, all me and my mate did was have a word with a immigrant. I felt quite special getting convoyed back to the nick. :dwarf: