Has gayness changed the RN?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by CPL-SALT, Jul 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok its been a few years now since gays were allowed in the forces,does anyone think its made any difference to the RN or RM?
    I know its made no difference to me,whilst being gay i have never practiced whilst being deployed or on excercise .
    Myself and my fellow serving gays feel we can now be more open about it and dont have the threat of being forced out the mob.
    The gay pride march in Brighton this year was great ,since we were allowed to march in our uniform more and more gay soldiers and sailors apear every year.
    So for me its been a great thing. :hockey:
  2. NORMS GAY??? :thumright:
  3. Course it's made a difference. The RN have always had a percentage of homosexuals serving. Most kept their sexual preferences to themselves though many straights knew who they were.
    Unfortunately once the law changed and they came out of the lockers many seemed to want to broadcast the homosexual revolution to the masses. No problems at all with homosexuals, just dont want homosexuality rammed down my throat (or up me bum) :w00t:
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No, he's:

http:[email protected]&n=-1&k=400000000010&init=r
  5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

OOOO yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, everyone now goes down ladders facing them. Its not called the middle watch anymore, its the squeeze. At meal times everyone licks there lips at the thought of niggers dick on the menu. The dabbers insist all rubber gloves are pink and are only deposed when they turn brown. All stokers wear warpaint to protect there beautiful complexion from oil and grease. Yes the navy have changed over the year but so has the meaning of the word gay!

gayness, noun

—Synonyms 1. gleeful, jovial, glad, joyous, happy, cheerful, sprightly, blithe, airy, light-hearted; vivacious, frolicsome, sportive, hilarious. Gay, jolly, joyful, merry describe a happy or light-hearted mood. Gay suggests a lightness of heart or liveliness of mood that is openly manifested: when hearts were young and gay. Jolly indicates a good-humored, natural, expansive gaiety of mood or disposition: a jolly crowd at a party. Joyful suggests gladness, happiness, rejoicing: joyful over the good news. Merry is often interchangeable with gay: a merry disposition; a merry party; it suggests, even more than the latter, convivial animated enjoyment. 2. brilliant.
    —Antonyms 1. unhappy, mournful.
    —Usage note In addition to its original and continuing senses of “merry, lively†and “bright or showy,†gay has had various senses dealing with sexual conduct since the 17th century. A gay woman was a prostitute, a gay man a womanizer, a gay house a brothel. This sexual world included homosexuals too, and gay as an adjective meaning “homosexual†goes back at least to the early 1900s. After World War II, as social attitudes toward sexuality began to change, gay was applied openly by homosexuals to themselves, first as an adjective and later as a noun. Today, the noun often designates only a male homosexual: gays and lesbians. The word has ceased to be slang and is not used disparagingly. Homosexual as a noun is sometimes used only in reference to a male.

6. No more than it changed the Hussars.
  7. As a lad, we used to have a Rough Collie and, occasionally, he was entered in village shows. Now, according to the Kennel Club Standard Book for Collies, points were deducted for tails carried "gay" (ie up). In the same way that a gay tail show's a dogs bum, is that why the homosexuals described themselves as "gay"? Just a thought.
  8. witsend

At these village shows did a group of men prance around ribboned poles waving hankes? :confused2: :wav:
  9. Yes but dont think? you would have had the BALLS to call them poofters? They could drink you under the table Team Player :thumright:
  10. witsend

LMAO,,,,easy tiger. Is there a scale of pink hankes? The harder you are and more you can drink means you move up the pink scale. Do the dancers have special names like Mr White, Mr Brown and Mr Pink?

I'm so uneducated in the dark cult of the mo mo dancer, please tell me more. :rofl:
  11. I feel sick......

Looks like I've have to become a lesbian.

Witsend, who told you about my past? Fancy doing some mumming?
  12. witsend

Wild thang,,I'm not interested in bumming, I mean mumming. :lick:

Good luck recuiting your RR humming society. :jocolor:
  13. Back to the question:
    'Yes of course it has love'.
    Next question?
  14. witsend

Whats changed?

Apart from some acting loud & proud

Nothing apart from progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  15. Not a lot probably..just people doing their jobs as always..
  16. Does it really matter?
    At the end of the day, apart from it being 2359, can you do your job? Do you do it to the best of your ability?

Don't care if you're gay or straight. Don't care which deity you worship. Don't care what colour your skin is. Don't want any of it rammed down my throat.

Just get on with life - it's too short not to have fun....
  17. Surely it depends what's being rammed down your throat?

Right, I'll get me hat. ;)
  18. You had to, didn't you. We were having a sensible debate and you just had to "come out" with that.
    Typical. Get your coat as well shippers.
  19. Oh bugger! ;)
  20. A sensible debate in the gash Barge...........................
    Don't be stupid.
    Best I get my hat and coat as well, I hear Thingy knows a few good watering holes in the smoke :thumright: