Has anyone recently recieved their Warrants Parchment

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by theoldti, Nov 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got my parchment 12 months after promotion, 8 months after CPD and its s**t. Has anyone else got theirs? What do you think? :cry:
  2. Was it a 'Flagship' production? :lol:
  3. Oi, that's VT Group now :twisted: :twisted:
  4. I binned mine as soon as I saw that little shite Portillos signature at the bottom. Could have framed it and put it in the shithouse I suppose.
  5. So nothing has changed in 11 years - I could have knocked up something better on my PC.
  6. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm still waiting for my commissioning scroll. My commissioning date was June 2006. I'm only going to put it on the wall in my karzi but that's not the point.
  7. cab i borrow it for a photocopy to convine my mum i am a WOAEA(M). my last boss said i'd never make it and so far my money is with him.

acc exam= shove it up your stink-box
  8. Stand by for a long wait then; I waited about 17 years for mine. And I still haven't found the time to put it up in the downstairs loo yet!
  9. The place where everyone (that visits the house and use the "facilities") will see it you mean? :wink:

10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I've got two karzis so of course it will be displayed in the prominent downstairs one along with lots of other Army bumf. It will assist in loosening the bowels! :D
  11. I did intend on hanging it prodly on the back of the s**thouse door, as this seems to be the tradition, but when I opened the cardboard roll that lay sadly in my pigeon hole I did not feel that it deserved such a prominent place.
    After some deliberation, I have sent it to CWO with a covering letter and am awaiting a reply.
    I am not ungrateful of the advancement I have been awarded, but waking up and just putting my Tate & Lysles on was a bit of an anti-climax (especially when you get your eppaulettes off the CO on any previous promotion)
    I tempered by disapointment, knowing that a personal certificate of achievement would be handed to me for posterity. When it arrive,11 months after, it looked like my 11 year old had knocked it up on her laptop, and even the signature is printed.
    I does seem to take the shine of it somewhat, to the point of me asking why they even bothered.
  12. You think that's bad, wait til you get outside, Valedictory is just another printed slap in the face!

If you're in Fas though, you've probably dipped in a little bit, as they already frame it for you!
  13. It won't be long before we print all these things out from JPA onto a knackered old NavyStar printer anyway. Do Tally printers accept parchment on manual feed? Suppose I could treat myself to a piece of card for the occasion.
  14. I got mine at Raleigh and it came in a frame (nice plastic one from Trago :roll: ). There were no surprises on it as my DO and I wrote it!!!
  15. It took over a year before I got my "Warrant" certificate. It was presented to me by the postman in a postal tube, after it had done a round-robin to various commands. Upon thinking it was something important, I was surprised to find it was my "Parchment", but my excitement was short-lived as then I noticed Geoff Hoone's signature, who's a complete prikc. I just assumed that it would be 1SL's monicker. Besides having Hoone's name on it, what also peed me off was that the signature wasn't even done in ink, it was stamped. Alas, the "parchment" is still in its tube, in the loft, amidst all my other crap.

The Valedictory Cert was another surprise, too. My 1 RO just happened to mention in passing that he had something for me. It looks a bit like those pre-printed certificates you can get from Staples. Mind you, it did have 2SL's monicker on it, so I suppose that's a bonus. Its hanging on the wall in my garage.

After doing 33 years, pusser really knows how to make you feel completely insignificant.
  16. The signature from 2SL is usually printed now. If yours is actually signed then you're one of the lucky few.