has anyone had to recently re do their phsycometric test after having....

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jaydemarie00, Mar 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. their raleigh date?

i was told my raleigh date is this may recently which then i was tols afterwards i have to retake my phsycometric test because they have highered the standerds for engineers.
    im just curious if anyone is in the same situation as me
    my phsycometric test was still indate by the way they just made me retake it because they have changed the standards

if i fail everything is cancled.. even though i have been waiting 3 years already.
    so i am just wondering if anyone knows what the new percentage mark is?

also does anyone know where i can revise mechanical comprehension i can only frind practice tests on it rather than something i can revise on.

thanks

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I'm afraid the picture is repeated across the UK for engineering technicians in the Air, Weapons & Marine speciialisations in that the higher you score the better the chance of selection.

Those who sat the Recruiting Test, regardless of trade, more than 36 months before their provisional entry date must re-sit the recruiting test to remain eligible to join - it's been the case for many years. If they fail to reach the revised score for their trade, they may apply for a non-technical trade if they score high enough, but cannot join in their original trade. likewise those joining as engineering technicians who will be over the age of 30 upon entry can no longer join in engineering technician trades, even if they have an engineering degree..

3. my recruitment advisor said that my test was still in date but because of the cuts their making or something they were changing the requirements to get in and mine fell just under so i had to retake it... was this the case?

or is it just general policy

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  4. **touching wood as i type this**

I've heard nothing of the sort... either I've scored high enough in the first place in 2009, or my CA is going to surprise me tomorrow morning when I go for my interview update! :-|

5. aw im guessing your lucky then! they already contacted me before i have my interview update so i think your all safe on that one.

6. Ninja_Stoker

It only applies to technical trades.

With a surplus of applicants & a scarcity of training places, the employer calls the shots. When the tables are turned, the parameters are lowered & retention incentives introduced.

7. Ninja_Stoker

In addition to the above, the thing that applicants need to bear in mind is that due to the extended times waiting to join, very often we discover that changes in personal circumstances can render them ineligible, such as failing the PJFT, debt accrued, criminal convictions, health problems etc.

Remember to keep your AFCO informed of changes - particularly contact details such as mobile numbers, etc.

8. I am currently on the waiting list for ET (SM) Now that the age has been lowered to 30, does it make me ineligable from the moment I turn 30 or until my 31st birthday. Im hoping that is the case due to the fact the when the maximum age was 36, one could join untill their 37th birthday.

Thankyou.

9. Just to back up what NS has been telling you. All Engineering branches (ET (ME)/(WE) general service and submarines and AET) have had their entry requirements changed. They have upped the RT score required to join and lowered the entry age to 29 (the day of your 30th Bday). Anyone who has already taken the RT test should have had their records changed and if below RT score or over age been contacted about their options. But basically they are given the chance to re-take the RT (But their original date is still kept for entry purposes) or they can change branch (again using the original RT date for position on the entry waiting lists).

If in any doubt about your own entry give your CA a ring and they will be very happy to explain it to you.

SM