Has anyone had their ENG1 done at the HMNB Portsmouth?

memory

Hi, I'm on my last hurdle before being given an official offer for a Chef's apprentice position. I've been told by Occupational Health, that due to a compressed spine condition I have, that the company doctor will have to see me. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with being seen by a company dr for an ENG1? The condition I have is not degenerative nor does it really affect being able to function/perform job duties & tasks, but obviously something is concerning them, hence why they'd need to see me. I don't know if this is merely a precautionary measure on their part and just want physical evidence I'm fit and able, or something of more concern? I'm not sure anyone can even provide me with a definitive answer...just trying to put my mind at ease a bit. The date they've given me for the exam is past my deadline date, so I'm also hoping recruitment take this into consideration too. I've not heard back from them yet after ringing earlier. Any all help appreciated! Thanks.

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I had my first ENG1 with a naval doc purely because it was the nearest place to get one done. It took about 3 hours overall with waiting around included. Initial checks such as weight, height, hearing etc were carried out by a nurse prior to physical examination by the doc. It was the same as any RN medicals I had previously but results were matched against MCA ENG1 requirements.

Second medical I decided to go to a civvy doc and was back out the door with new ENG1 within 20 minutes.

I know some people had to see RN docs for their initial medicals because of medical conditions, but they were ok to see a civvy doc thereafter.

Don't get stressed about it. It is probably just a case of covering everyone's back, no pun intended.

memory

Hello, thank you for the reply. I do hope you're right. That's my hunch too, it's just a little frustrating after this long process. I'l see what recruitment has to say on Monday, definitely do not want to go through this all again! Worst case scenario maybe they'd accept me on the next intake, I don't know, we'll see. Cheers, thanks again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Madden96 Has anyone tried out one of the Stoic Condition training programs? Sports and Adventure Training 2
MG Maniac Has anyone told the Woo's its been decommissioned??? Diamond Lil's 6
Blackrat Has Anyone Else Noticed... Diamond Lil's 14
A Has anyone ever recieved a commendation? The Quarterdeck 21
J has anyone had to recently re do their phsycometric test after having.... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
theoldti Has anyone recently recieved their Warrants Parchment The Quarterdeck 17
SILVER_FOX HAS ANYONE NOTICED ..... Current Affairs 2
S Has anyone ever met this Lt Sidebotham guy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
T Has anyone ever been shot on this forum?? Diamond Lil's 35
CRYSTALTIPS Has anyone ever had a ghostly experience in the RN? The Quarterdeck 48
M HMS HOOD..ANYONE WHO SERVED OR HAS A RELLIE WHO DID- Nearest & Dearest 8
T Has anyone been paid yet this month? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 15
M Has anyone done anything like this? The Fleet 28
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has approved the appointment of Venki Ramakrishnan as a Board Member of the British Library. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Stephen Cohen as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed John Mothersole as the England Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Kate Still as the Scotland Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Has coronavirus killed globalisation: speech by Laura Clarke MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The AAIB has sent a team to Warwickshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Man who attacked cousin at Woking wedding has sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed three Trustees to the Horniman Museum. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed five new Trustees to the National Museums Liverpool. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Sue Wilkinson OBE as a Trustee of Historic Royal Palaces. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has appointed Harris Bokhari and Yadvinder Malhi as Trustees of the Natural History Museum. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has appointed Mark Cecil and The Rt Hon Chris Grayling as Trustees of the National Portrait Gallery. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Chris Pilling and Ismail Amla as Board Members of UK Sport. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Nick de Bois as Chair of the Visit England Advisory Board. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Rt Hon Sir Patrick McLoughlin CH as Chair of the British Tourist Authority. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The UK has announced its new tariff regime the-UK Global Tariff (UKGT)- on 19 May 2020. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS London rapist has sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Manchester woman who glassed another woman has sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed four new Commissioners to the Gambling Commission. MoD News 1
J Prnc Mod Caldonia 11th May Has been cancelled Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Southend bankrupt has bankruptcy restrictions extended MoD News 0
U Has "Chinese Flu" crippled the West long term? Current Affairs 18
MoD_RSS COVID-19: DBS Contact Centre has closed temporarily MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guildford man has manslaughter sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Former barrister has bankruptcy restrictions extended by court MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Boston robber has his sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HM Treasury has appointed James Heath as the new CEO of the National Infrastructure Commission (NIC). MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Somerset domestic abuser has sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Brighton and Hove Buses has employed an Accessibility and Communities Manager MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Cornwall drug dealer has his sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS London serial robber has sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letters to businesses about trade arrangements after the UK has left the EU MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rapist has sentence increased at Court of Appeal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Jailed fraudster has bankruptcy restrictions extended MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The AAIB has sent a team to Lincolnshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The AAIB has sent a team Liverpool John Lennon Airport MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The AAIB has sent a team to North Wales MoD News 0