Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Has anyone ever met this Lt Sidebotham guy?

Sentenashi

War Hero
I'm meant to be sitting a recruitment test, and if I pass that I go for an interview with him. (This is for my sixth form scholarship, don't know if it's the same as a sift interview) If so, is he nice? What should I expect?

Sentenashi said:
I'm meant to be sitting a recruitment test, and if I pass that I go for an interview with him. (This is for my sixth form scholarship, don't know if it's the same as a sift interview) If so, is he nice? What should I expect?
He has long hair and a very Quick bowler :thumright:

Sentenashi said:
Haha, his name is actually Sidebotham, pronounced "Sidebottom"... much to the amusememnt of the people at Bristol AFCO.
Ah! Yes L/T Ryan Sidebotham no doubt :thumright:

Black2Blue said:
Anyone wonder/care if he reads this forum?

What a fabulous bloke, an Officer and a Gentleman, back bone of the Royal Navy I would trust him with my TOT, what higher accolade could you give the man.

Nutty

"Psss. Thants Nutty with an 'N' Sir"

Lt Sidebottom (pronounced siddebottomm)he is a real bastard,make sure you know all the dates of Nelsons Battles and his Ships.How many crew a destroyer has and WHY do we have a Navy!

:thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

scouse said:
Sentenashi said:
Haha, his name is actually Sidebotham.
Remember his dad as well !!:thumright: Played for Man Utd and Cricket for Yorkshire and England :salut:

There are at least two Sidebottems in the RN. Do we know whether he is fromthe Dorset branch of the family or the Windsor branch? :thumright:

andym said:
Lt Sidebottom (pronounced siddebottomm)he is a real bastard,make sure you know all the dates of Nelsons Battles and his Ships.How many crew a destroyer has and WHY do we have a Navy!

Dont forget all the names of the crew as well and their dates of birth and home post codes.It might be helpful ^_^;

andym said:
Lt Sidebottom (pronounced siddebottomm)he is a real bastard,make sure you know all the dates of Nelsons Battles and his Ships.How many crew a destroyer has and WHY do we have a Navy! :w00t: ps and FFS dont mention that kiss to L/T SideBottom :thumright:

It might be helpful if you could recall instantly when and where Nelson was born, where he spent his formative years and what year he became President of South Africa! ;)