Harry the bastard

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Hideous, Jan 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did every ship have a Harry the Bastard, the 'Diff had one in '88-90 as did RNAS Portland etc. but was he everywhere?

2. ???????? who? I know every ship had a Jimmy
  3. Alexei Sayle in "The Young Ones?"

4. And a reggie!! :oops: :oops:
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Usually two; the Joss to scream and shout at people and the LREG to make the wets... :lol:
  6. I was walking through Drake Barracks one day in the early 80s wearing a twenty four hour heart monitor which looked very much like a personal cassette player , Fxxk me the Joss went balistic when I entered the reg office & my ticker was going all over the place , twat never even said sorry when I explained that I was being monitered for an irregular heartbeat , I guess he was a harry the bastard :evil: :twisted: , ticker is fine now ,
  7. Joss's had hearts removed at birth. What do they know about hearts?
  8. sgtpepperband

I actually do remember 'Harry the Bastard'. He was a Killick RP on Pompey 42s, who always used to sign off the circuit using that callsign - only because his mate/mentor Bob Mullen would do the same, but would use the handle 'Bob the C*nt'!

I can't recall HTBs real name, but was just known by that nickname.

9. sgtpepperband

10. Hi, you beat me to it :oops:

I was going to say we had and "Arry the Bastard" on the Manch late 80's early 90's, not sure if he did the Gulf trip.

11. who was the one at portland
  12. On Thursday I am over to Morsehorse's casa for a BBQ, yes it is BBQ weather here, At least one Reggie mabe two will be present. If I fail to return can one of you nice chaps stand bail at Local Policia Office, Mazzrron, Murcia, Spain.

13. It seems all places had an HTB Middle Wallop had one in the late 80's early 90's
  14. I wonder if Lady Diana, Princess of Wales is having the last laugh.

15. That is him, without doubt and he was also on the Nottingham circa 97-99 and Newcastle 02-04 ish. He was a big West Ham fan and was a true 'Harry the Bastard' without doubt. :lol:
  16. Just to add to the mix we had a Harry the Bastard, LCK, on the Chatham 94-96. Top fella and his dits were something to behold, especially the shaggin' ones!
  17. Are you referring to Cornet Hewitt by any chance , ????????? ,
  18. You wouldn't be the first to think that.. :lol:
  19. It seems that there is a HTB at every place you serve. Faslane has still got one, in fact he was such a bar stweard that when working for FOST he commenced an IEDEX at the precise moment that an England International kicked off. Needless to say he was Scottish :x