Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry in Afghan- a different view

Jack77

War Hero
Much as I have little time for the royal family or the institution in general, I don't think that Harry is the one who is making out that his service is more special than anyone else's. The journalist is making the point that there are lots of troops in the same or more danger than Harry has been, but get no recognition for it. Unfortunately the PR machine now has hold of this and the legend of 'hero' Harry will feed the media for yonks to come, in spite of anything Harry himself says.

I do feel sorry for the man. The friends he has made on active service will probably be the only real friends he will ever have. For the rest of his life he will be surrounded by sycophants and hangers on, only interested in his status.
 

dondon

MIA
Jack77 said:
Much as I have little time for the royal family or the institution in general, I don't think that Harry is the one who is making out that his service is more special than anyone else's. The journalist is making the point that there are lots of troops in the same or more danger than Harry has been, but get no recognition for it. Unfortunately the PR machine now has hold of this and the legend of 'hero' Harry will feed the media for yonks to come, in spite of anything Harry himself says.

I do feel sorry for the man. The friends he has made on active service will probably be the only real friends he will ever have. For the rest of his life he will be surrounded by sycophants and hangers on, only interested in his status.


How right you are mate , how right you are . spitting image of his dad he is .
 

Bergen

ADC
dondon said:
Jack77 said:
Much as I have little time for the royal family or the institution in general, I don't think that Harry is the one who is making out that his service is more special than anyone else's. The journalist is making the point that there are lots of troops in the same or more danger than Harry has been, but get no recognition for it. Unfortunately the PR machine now has hold of this and the legend of 'hero' Harry will feed the media for yonks to come, in spite of anything Harry himself says.

I do feel sorry for the man. The friends he has made on active service will probably be the only real friends he will ever have. For the rest of his life he will be surrounded by sycophants and hangers on, only interested in his status.


How right you are mate , how right you are . spitting image of his dad he is .

Nice one :bball:
 

McCloggie

Lantern Swinger
I agree with the above.

This Journo though is making a political point, maybe trying to be satirical, but he has a political agenda by saying that the only people who join the forces are those that have no other jobs to go to and and/or are being recruited as cannon fodder from the poorer areas of the UK.

Historially, the forces have always recruited from depressed areas, and although the recruitment jibe may merit a reply, his assumption that those in the forces are forced in to being there is laughable.

It is an insult to those guys whoa are there.

From what I read on this site - although we sometime laugh at them - the young people that join up today do so knowing the risks they face but more importantly are better educated than we were and are looking for a career.

In a changing world, the people that join the forces today get my support all the time.

McC
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
A piss take for sure, the author may have missed the point that some just don't want to sit in office in front of a 'puter all day.
This smart arse probably looks down his nose at all working class people thinly disguising his contempt for them in his 'witty' reportage.
NZB
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Bergen said:
dondon said:
Jack77 said:
Much as I have little time for the royal family or the institution in general, I don't think that Harry is the one who is making out that his service is more special than anyone else's. The journalist is making the point that there are lots of troops in the same or more danger than Harry has been, but get no recognition for it. Unfortunately the PR machine now has hold of this and the legend of 'hero' Harry will feed the media for yonks to come, in spite of anything Harry himself says.

I do feel sorry for the man. The friends he has made on active service will probably be the only real friends he will ever have. For the rest of his life he will be surrounded by sycophants and hangers on, only interested in his status.


How right you are mate , how right you are . spitting image of his dad he is .

Nice one :bball:
Hold on I must be missing something Harry looks nothing like...oh er pennies dropped. :dwarf:
NZB
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil FB: RNRMC - Happy 100th Birthday Harry Melling - Britain's Oldest WW2 Submariner Submariners 2
MoD_RSS British Embassy Lima celebrates the magic world of Harry Potter with over 300 fans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Harry Potter Book Night in Asuncion fills fans with magic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary meets family of Harry Dunn, 27 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on Harry Dunn case MoD News 0
soleil Sun: "Prince Philip Wants Princess Anne To Head Up The Royal Marines Once Harry Quits" The Corps 47
Stirlin Harry and Meg The Gash Barge 61
MoD_RSS USA: Foreign Secretary meets family of Harry Dunn MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary update to Parliament on Harry Dunn case MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Charity Inquiry: CWM Harry Land Trust Limited MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Harry Dunn: Foreign Secretary statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Harry Bain reappointed as a Trustee on the Treasure Valuation Committee Board MoD News 0
D Harry,s baby Diamond Lil's 30
A Prince Harry's off to Norway........ The Corps 0
A Prince Harry's off to Norway........ The Corps 1
MoD_RSS News story: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle meet Invictus Games UK Team hopefuls MoD News 0
Naval_Gazer Prince Harry appointed Captain General Royal Marines The Corps 1
MoD_RSS News story: MOD Veterans UK welcomes Prince Harry to Blackpool in a visit marking 25 years... MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary and Prince Harry Award Gold to Supportive Employers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Prince Harry unveils the UK team for the Invictus Games 2017 MoD News 0
B Harry and Mental Health Current Affairs 10
MoD_RSS News story: Prince Harry meets Invictus Games hopefuls at UK trials MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Minister and Prince Harry celebrate 200 year relationship with Nepal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Urgent appeal for family of Durham Resident Private Harry Vasey MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Prince Harry unveils the UK team for the Invictus Games 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Bomb Disposal 75: Prince Harry attends Commemorative Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Prince Harry to attend Bastion Service and Memorial unveiling MoD News 0
tiddlyoggy Prince Harry Miscellaneous 18
SONAR-BENDER Harry Black (or pink, or green, or blue!) maskers! Diamond Lil's 3
trelawney126 Australian Fleet Review. prince Harry Invited Current Affairs 9
MoD_RSS News article: Prince Harry completes tour of duty in Afghanistan The Gash Barge 97
soleil ITV: "Harry Welcomed To Camp Bastion By Commander" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Mirror: "Prince Harry's Amputee Marine Pal Saves Life Of Woman Dying In The Street" The Corps 2
sgtpepperband The Poke: "Inside Prince Harry's Apache Death Machine" Diamond Lil's 0
trelawney126 Harry Potter Goblin gets "Short Sentance" Diamond Lil's 2
MoD_RSS Prince Harry Helps Army Win Polo Event Sports and Adventure Training 8
MoD_RSS Prince Harry presents medals to Gulf mine warfare sailors Current Affairs 0
soleil Prince Harry To Present Medals To MCMV Personnel The Fleet 2
BillyNoMates Harry Hill says......... Diamond Lil's 0
NotmeChief 'ello arry' - Harry Carpenter dies. Current Affairs 1
S Harry Black Diamond Lil's 17
2_deck_dash harry von turbo uber smashed. The Gash Barge 9
X.R.D Harry brown Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 15
soleil Radiohead tribute song for Harry Patch - all profits to RBL Current Affairs 1
soleil Harry Patch laid to rest today Current Affairs 8
soleil T'graph: "Heirs of Harry Patch fighting in Helmand's fields" Current Affairs 0
soleil BBC: Harry Patch, WW1 Veteran, has sadly passed away Current Affairs 20
2_deck_dash Harry Fcuking Potter Diamond Lil's 20
BillyNoMates Harry said a naughty word (3 years ago). Diamond Lil's 72
Shakey Harry Potter's broomstick Diamond Lil's 5
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top