Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Harry and Meg

pinched

Regarding the "racist' comments from members of the Royal Family, my Wife and I have a Chinese Daughter-in-Law and thus two mixed-race Grandsons. I can remember well, that we, our Son and our Daughter-in-Law, had, on several occasions and also with her Mother and Father, great fun discussing what we all thought that the Grandchildren would look like. I am sure my Wife and I had further discussions as did our Family. These were not racist discussions, it was pure speculation, laced with great love and humour. To call speculative discourse "racist", is in the world of the woke and weak and should be ignored by both the press and the public. What a waste of effort and resources which could be steered towards fixing real and tangible problems!

pinched

Regarding the "racist' comments from members of the Royal Family, my Wife and I have a Chinese Daughter-in-Law and thus two mixed-race Grandsons. I can remember well, that we, our Son and our Daughter-in-Law, had, on several occasions and also with her Mother and Father, great fun discussing what we all thought that the Grandchildren would look like. I am sure my Wife and I had further discussions as did our Family. These were not racist discussions, it was pure speculation, laced with great love and humour. To call speculative discourse "racist", is in the world of the woke and weak and should be ignored by both the press and the public. What a waste of effort and resources which could be steered towards fixing real and tangible problems!
Harry has latterly stated that it wasn't racist but "unconscious bias". Make of that what you will.

Harry has latterly stated that it wasn't racist but "unconscious bias". Make of that what you will.
That be that woke words, if a blatant statement is not made, just say they are biased, to normal people that's bollocks , for those that want to control the narrative, it's wokeism at work.

It's just human nature IMO. Daughter of a friend became pregnant as a result of a mixed race relationship. In conversation with neighbours prior to the birth, exactly the same topic was raised...as in would the baby be black or white, or somewhere in between. It was the latter, a cute little boy. Not racist but a naturally arising question in the minds of most of us.

I hear their charitable foundation is running at a loss (not sure how you can do that) and they have had an 8.7m (£ or $, not sure) drop in donations.

OD,HS,NM

Latest Threads