Harrier Crash in the Stan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Joint_Force_Harrier, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For a so called Forces paper they are woefully ignorant surely the defence editor would know that Harrier no longer exists

2. If it was one of our RN Pilots he would have put it into a hover, climbed out, manually pulled the undercarriage down with his c0ck and climbed back in to land it.

Fcuking gay crabs.

3. And he would have been pissed!

If it was one of our groundcrew in the Line, they would have persuded the Pilot not to snag it.

4. You do, of course mean, the mighty Sea Harrier, like what's in the picture?

It was the

that I liked.

5. Poor Stan the Man!

6. [quote="Passed-over_Loggie"
    It was the

that I liked.[/quote]

To be fair it could have been a T-bird, if there were any out in the Gan.

Still, gotta admit its a punchy picture. Can't imagine a GR getting enough speed up to create a wing vortex :)

7. Lovely pickie of an 801 cab in it's full slendour.

8. No Pasengers :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: He would have only talking to 243.0 MHZ when calling those immortal words Eject!Eject!Eject

9. Scouse,

i have heard through the grapevine 809 sqd is reforming. With LYNX ... gen dit. Merging Lynx OEU and 815 B section

10. To be fair it could have been a T-bird, if there were any out in the Gan.

Still, gotta admit its a punchy picture. Can't imagine a GR getting enough speed up to create a wing vortex :)[/quote]

No T Birds in the stan.

11. Calling!!!! Shouldn't that read 'Screaming!!!!!!!!!

12. Cheers will wait till i go home, the MoD fun police have denied the site :roll:

13. OMG :evil: :evil: I thought you were winding me up, didnt know choppers could have fixed wing sqdn numbers??? and vice versa :cry: :cry: :cry:

14. Makes the FAA look like it has lots of sqdn's. Just a Buzz a heard of someone on 815 ... possibly one of the lynx fraternity could confirm

15. 849 used to be fixed wing as did most of your rotary ASW sqns.

This follows the RAF trend of allocating sqn numberplates to OEUs and trg units. It has proved highly successful at keeping alive the memory of famous sqns that would otherwise have faded into obscurity.

Regards,
    MM

16. :? yes you are right. But some of the Sqdn Crests could look a little bit odd, for some fixed wing and rotary squadron renames :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

17. I can confirm about 809 NAS, it'll be effectively doing what B Section does 24/7 now (if you get my drift). Re: squadron numbers, if you thought about it (and had a quick Google) you'd realise that pre the invention of the helicopter, there weren't a huge amount of non-FW squadrons to go round! For a start, 815 used to fly Swordfish (only went RW in 1981), 829 flew Barracudas, and 702 flew seaplanes like the Walrus.

As as aside, 771 NAS is unique as it was formed to fly helos (first ever RN helo squadron, in fact) and then went fixed wing (Sea Vampires - 'kin cool aircraft), before turning RW again. So in terms of renumbering, 809 being RW isn't at all odd or illogical.

18. 829s Crest The dipping Kingfisher would look rather odd for a fixed wing squadron though if it ever came to be, shippers :roll: :roll: 809 Immortal/ phoenix will look odd to all the old and bold Bucc boys on a Lynx :evil: :evil: