Harrier celebrates 40 years

soleil said:
http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-events/rn-live/all-news/harrier-celebrates-40-years/*/changeNav/6568

a small snippet from above

One such pilot was Sir Peter Squire, former Chief of the Air Staff. Sir Peter led 1 (Fighter) Squadron during the Falklands campaign in 1982. He first flew the Harrier in 1975 and has flown all major variants of Harrier since.

Sir Peter Squire said:

"I always wanted to maintain the Harrier. It's THE aeroplane - it was beautifully harmonised. The Hunter was a joy to fix, but the Harrier did it all - thats why we had the best engineers on 801."

"I always wanted to maintain the Harrier. It's THE aeroplane - it was beautifully harmonised. The Hunter was a joy to fix, but the Harrier did it all - thats why we had the best engineers on 801."

I can see some "Wafu" heads getting bigger and bigger in 801 Sqd :D

NorwayChris said:

i do love a good stitch up

shag_shacker said:
NorwayChris said:

Thought most of the Wafu branch had big heads.. The heads on 4 Deck W section of the old Ark were quite monstrous. The trap doors however were something else :D

shag_shacker said:
NorwayChris said:

shag_shacker i think you missunderstood me,i meant the engineers on 801 :wink:

NorwayChris said:
shag_shacker said:
NorwayChris said:

chris

read the original article :?

shag_shacker said:
NorwayChris said:
shag_shacker said:
NorwayChris said:

chris

read the original article :?

OOPs silly me, :oops: