HARRIER 40th Anniversary Gala dinner

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by flynavy, May 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 2009 is the Harrier’s 40th Operational year

Flown by numerous Air Forces and Naval Services around the world, this unique Aircraft has flown in many operational theatres and it’s continued success has truly made a mark on Aviation History.

The 40th Anniversary celebrations will take place over two days and every person who has either flown or maintained a Harrier are invited:

Thursday 23 July 2009

A Gala Dinner, without families, at the ‘Home of the Harrier’ - RAF Wittering.

Friday 24 July 2009

A Families day and Hangar Party at the current home of the Operational Squadrons of Joint Force Harrier – RAF Cottesmore.
    This event will be an excellent opportunity to catch up with long lost colleagues and meet current squadron members.

For further information or to register your interest please visit:

I have made this a sticky to ensure it gets out to as wide an audience as possible!
  2. Does anyone know if this is a riggers run?
  3. of_les_aura it is a black tie dinner event and if you have worked or served on the Harrier, be it Navy or that other organisation you are welcome to attend this is the link www.homeoftheharrier.com

There is now an update to let people know what is going on, as the money is now coming in, it looks like the event to be seen at this year!

Here is the link to the update http://www.homeoftheharrier.com/index_files/Page338.htm
  4. I once helped clean a harrier and I pretended to shoot one down once during an ADEX. Can I come?