Harold Wilson's son stops teaching to be Train Driver

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Always_a_Civvy, Nov 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Harold Wilson's son stops teaching to be Train Driv

Always, I thought you would be the one to mention this! I can most categorically deny that the PO Stoker is not Harold Wilson's son.

2. Re: Harold Wilson's son stops teaching to be Train Driv

Is the PO Stoker a train driver now?

3. Re: Harold Wilson's son stops teaching to be Train Driv

Rosie, I know that! As he's my age he's far, far, far too young! Perhaps he's Wilson's youngest son?

Peter, the PO Stoker is indeed a Locodriver. He just couldn't keep his hands off all those levers, taps and superheated steam - not to mention his emergency shovel. :wink:

Steve.

4. Re: Harold Wilson's son stops teaching to be Train Driv

To be strictly accurate he has been an ex-PO stoker for about 4 years! and is indeed a train driver and called Wilson!

But really he is not Harold Wilson's son!

5. Re: Harold Wilson's son stops teaching to be Train Driv

I was reading this and was failing completely to see the CONNECTION. Got it now.

Seems as if a lot of ex RN aspire to become train drivers- possibly something to do with the generous starting salary?

SF

6. Re: Harold Wilson's son stops teaching to be Train Driv

Very generous SF and completely unionised, you cannot fart (although I am sure you are well too mannered to do that!) without a chit from ASLEF.

7. Re: Harold Wilson's son stops teaching to be Train Driv

SF, during my schooldays most boys aspired to eventually become a train driver... Does it need any other rational explanation? :lol:

I also must confess than my grandad worked on the railways - after the trenches and having been gassed he couldn't face an office job even though it was expected of him as the son of a Manager. So for some of us trains (like ships) are in our blood! :D