Harold Wilson's son stops teaching to be Train Driver

Re: Harold Wilson's son stops teaching to be Train Driv

Always, I thought you would be the one to mention this! I can most categorically deny that the PO Stoker is not Harold Wilson's son.

rosinacarley said:
Always, I thought you would be the one to mention this! I can most categorically deny that the PO Stoker is not Harold Wilson's son.
Rosie, I know that! As he's my age he's far, far, far too young! Perhaps he's Wilson's youngest son?

Peter, the PO Stoker is indeed a Locodriver. He just couldn't keep his hands off all those levers, taps and superheated steam - not to mention his emergency shovel. :wink:

Steve.

Maxi_77 said:
Is the PO Stoker a train driver now?
To be strictly accurate he has been an ex-PO stoker for about 4 years! and is indeed a train driver and called Wilson!

But really he is not Harold Wilson's son!

SILVER_FOX

War Hero

I was reading this and was failing completely to see the CONNECTION. Got it now.

Seems as if a lot of ex RN aspire to become train drivers- possibly something to do with the generous starting salary?

SF

Very generous SF and completely unionised, you cannot fart (although I am sure you are well too mannered to do that!) without a chit from ASLEF.

SILVER_FOX said:
I was reading this and was failing completely to see the CONNECTION. Got it now.

Seems as if a lot of ex RN aspire to become train drivers- possibly something to do with the generous starting salary?

SF
SF, during my schooldays most boys aspired to eventually become a train driver... Does it need any other rational explanation? :lol:

I also must confess than my grandad worked on the railways - after the trenches and having been gassed he couldn't face an office job even though it was expected of him as the son of a Manager. So for some of us trains (like ships) are in our blood! :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Feed 'em to the pigs Harold! Current Affairs 5
D Harold Pitman WW2 on HMS Exeter History 10
MoD_RSS Caroline Wilson appointed as Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the People’s Republic of China MoD News 0
MoD_RSS John Wilson MBE honoured with new rod licence images MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Gareth Wilson awarded Queen's Police Medal in New Year Honours MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recognition of Imray Laurie Norie and Wilson as a chart producer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Urgent appeal for family of Lancastrian Private George Wilson MoD News 0
scouse Valentine Day...Tugg Wilson style Diamond Lil's 0
S Empire of the Deep, Ben Wilson, review The Book Club 0
MoD_RSS News story: Sergeant Beth Wilson on serving in Afghanistan MoD News 1
jesse Would "Wilson" of the wizard faled a drug test??? Health & Fitness 20
Topstop Jocky Wilson Dies Diamond Lil's 10
Stirling Stoker Wilson History 5
B Claire Wilson Current Affairs 5
T Trying to trace Robert P Wilson History 22
PAVEWAY_3 Lets not forget: Kingsman Wilson, KIA 2 Apr 07 Current Affairs 17
A Tugg Wilson... "Jack" cartoonist... RIP History 85
K How can my son become an F35B AET? The Fleet Air Arm 71
MoD_RSS Rotherham man who stabbed mother in front of young son jailed for longer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Son of pharmacy owner sentenced for dealing wholesale medicines MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mother banned for allowing disqualified son to run company MoD News 0
soleil Aberdeen Press & Journal: "Commemoration Arranged For Royal Marine Hero And His Son In Beauly" 26/01/20 The Corps 2
MoD_RSS Father and son cleaning company bosses disqualified for 18 years MoD News 0
B Son started at HMS Raleigh today Nearest & Dearest 0
MoD_RSS News story: Father and son dramaticaslly rescued from cliff MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Mother and son restaurateurs banned for under-declaring tax MoD News 0
T Son passed out of Raleigh last week Joining the Royal Navy 5
K How do I post an item to my son at HMS Raleigh. Joining the Royal Navy 5
Trainer Euromillions Winner Does not have to subsidise ex Naval Officer Son Current Affairs 58
A No contact with son at Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 133
S Anyone's son at Raleigh this week? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
R Need some help for my son Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
Z Son joining Hms Raleigh shortly Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 64
U My son just started raliegh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 72
F I'Ve got a son Diamond Lil's 2
N Step Son Applying For Weapons Engineer Role Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
K Son is joining in March 2014 Bases / Shore Est 2
H Son Failed RT Maths any Tutor experiances. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
W Unhappy son at Culdrose The Fleet Air Arm 128
K Getting pressy to son for xmas without him knowing The Quarterdeck 7
trelawney126 Hamas son get 11 years for heist. Diamond Lil's 18
sgtpepperband Pompey News: "Gosport dad and son team up in warzone" Current Affairs 1
sgtpepperband Dad to walk 100 miles in memory of Marine son Charity 3
G Won a gong? Then get skating son. Diamond Lil's 36
P Hello everyone, my son is starting basic training. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
Hermes_R12 SDSR: Sea Harrier - Sharkey Ward Speaks up for his son. Current Affairs 10
scouse Son of a very very famous FAA VC Recipient The Fleet Air Arm 0
K Son on deployment needs prescription glasses from UK asap Current Affairs 18
dabbzie why do you want to be in the Navy son? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 70
soleil Times: Lottery winner's son (RM) to go to Helmand as planned The Corps 6