Hard to swallow

hobbit

War Hero
With the rapidly diminishing water supply in Oz the pollies have come up with the plan to recycle sewage. This is too much for some to swallow and as someone said I'm not gunna put up with that crap. Someone else said well they've been using this system in Pommie-land for years, they call it beer.
I've heard lottsa blokes say I'm gunna get on the piss in the old country and they also say I'm so hungry I could eat a shit sanger so what's the problem. This could account for the Pomms saying he's fulla wind and piss or full of crap.
Mabe if we have designer recycled sewage such as vintage 2001 from Miss World or some other celebrity the idea may be more acceptable. Like I could use her **** for toothpaste sort of thing. Whatever the outcome I foresee a future war over water with the population explosion and there may be no choice but recycled sewage,
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In England it is common to extract water from rivers for drinking etc, this is processed etc to make it fit for use. After use it is put back into the river after appropriate treatment and thus becomes avaiable for the inhabitants of the next town. It is said the water of the Thames is drunk over 6 times before it eventually gets to the sea..

Up here in the land of the 'Devils in Skirts' we only use the water once, and if you come up with the cash we could let you have reasonable quantities of unused stuff.

Peter

andym

War Hero
I dont understand why we have water problems.Firsty,we are surrouned by the bloody stuff!So why not build desalination plants.secondly we already pay through the nose for water so it may as well be from desalination plants!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
An easier solution would be to join up the Canal network and use that to shift water to where it is needed, Canals could also be used, as orginally designed, to move bulk goods around.

When I was in Iceland (the country not the shop) this summer all the drinking & bathing water is untreated and fresh from the ground! I'd happily pay what I currently pay Thames Water (£700 a year) for that instead of what I get - I'd be prepared to have a water meter installed for water of that quality! Just think - drinking wholesome water.

I also wish we had Icelandic weather in London: in August it was cool, rainy, windy... They even sometimes get snow in late Spring-Early Summer! Paradise!

Steve (cold loving person !!!)

hobbit said:
With the rapidly diminishing water supply in Oz the pollies have come up with the plan to recycle sewage. This is too much for some to swallow and as someone said I'm not gunna put up with that crap. Someone else said well they've been using this system in Pommie-land for years, they call it beer.
I've heard lottsa blokes say I'm gunna get on the piss in the old country and they also say I'm so hungry I could eat a shit sanger so what's the problem. This could account for the Pomms saying he's fulla wind and piss or full of crap.
Mabe if we have designer recycled sewage such as vintage 2001 from Miss World or some other celebrity the idea may be more acceptable. Like I could use her **** for toothpaste sort of thing. Whatever the outcome I foresee a future war over water with the population explosion and there may be no choice but recycled sewage,
:lol: :lol: :lol:
working in the field of conservation for a while I learned that "LEACHATE" that horrible stuff that is filtered through the landfill sites on a few sites it is sprayed back on the incoming rubbish with being full of bacteria and helps break down the rubbish and on a few it is treated and put back into the water table. Not sure what water table means. Could it be bottled water from source??

In Ireland we have this horrible black stuff that appears on tables in pint glasses and I am forced to drink under threat of broken limbs etc. Please can you help???

Pic submitted to gallery

slim

War Hero
I worked in Libya for three weeks recently and petrol was cheaper to buy than water.
Impossible to get any alcoholic drinks so stuck with non alcoholic beer for the duration. To cap it all the British Airways flight back had issued all alcoholic beverages on the inbound flight. Worlds favourite airline !

Tas-ape

Lantern Swinger
Could not get a drink in Libya...you must have been going to the wrong shops. How much for Saddiqu Aschech. (How much for rocket-fuel My Friend?)

&

British Airways, bunch of jumped up Pricess Ann look-a-likes. 8)

hobbit

War Hero
In Ireland we have this horrible black stuff that appears on tables in pint glasses and I am forced to drink under threat of broken limbs etc. Please can you help???

If you're talkin' about Liffey Water well you must mean the nectar of the gods. Difficult to get the real brew here but even the locally made is better than the maids water they call beer. Bloody good drop that Erin's brew although you can't get pissed on it can you.

:D :D :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS eAlert: 15 May 2020 - working hard to provide our services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Soft power with a hard edge: harnessing the benefits of fast-moving markets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Action cameras help teams to inspect hard-to-reach structures MoD News 0
J Eye Test results in hard copy? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Foreign Office ramps up support for ‘hard to reach’ Brits MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Avoiding a hard border in Northern Ireland in a no deal scenario MoD News 0
couper172 Hard choice to make ! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
MoD_RSS Speech: Hard as well as soft power: the case for modern defence MoD News 0
W How hard is it to become a pilot? The Fleet Air Arm 20
WannabeAdmiral Exercising on hard floors Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
Jacobus Hard not to be moved by this. Vale History 1
chrismonc87 Why is it so hard to run with cold and blocked nose!! Health & Fitness 32
Merlin28 Why is a sea draft so hard to get The Quarterdeck 33
T Hard of Hearing Blue Jokes 0
BillyNoMates They're not as hard as they like to make out. Diamond Lil's 18
wet_blobby The hard working Marines on HMS Fearless... The Corps 34
X.R.D Gimme your hard earned!!! Charity 17
soleil Mail: "Hard-Up MoD Spends £9 Million On Recruitment... Despite Laying Off Staff" Current Affairs 5
soleil Mail: "One Pranged Sub Etc - How The Hard-Up MoD Wasted £110m Of Our Money" Current Affairs 5
soleil Navy News: "Commandos Keeping Insurgents In Check – But Still 'Hard Work To Be Done'" The Corps 0
The_Caretaker Hard Miscellaneous 0
C Hard Decision!!!!!! Submariners 23
stan_the_man my hard as fcuk cat Diamond Lil's 8
S Feeling hard done by History 2
M hard to reach information for new applicants The Gash Barge 2
2_deck_dash My pussy is hard as nails. Diamond Lil's 13
JonnoJonno SF hard-on thread Diamond Lil's 29
T Is Raleigh considered hard? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
soleil 1SL defends Navy and insists Britain must keep 'hard power' Current Affairs 16
Clown_Puncher Smoking: Big, hard AND clever Diamond Lil's 23
NotmeChief ‘Todger-chop woman's sentence depends on hard evidence’ The Quarterdeck 3
K Hard Drive Help Bloody Computers 7
Montigny_La_Palisse Think Bruno's funny? He's not a patch on Hard Gay. Hooo! Diamond Lil's 7
trelawney126 Hello mum this is going to be hard for you to read Current Affairs 19
Scarface2009 find it hard to loose fat Health & Fitness 11
T Hard pressed bankers vs the rest Current Affairs 11
Oil_Slick HARD GAY MAN!!!! Diamond Lil's 5
wave_dodger ANOTHER Forces personnel hard drive missing Current Affairs 27
golden_rivet its a hard life ... :) :) :) The Quarterdeck 12
slim NOW A TAX ON HARD WORK! Diamond Lil's 15
Seaweed It's a hard life being an Israeli jet jockey Diamond Lil's 1
G Ganges62- THE HARD OF HEARING THREAD! Diamond Lil's 129
creddly Medical Tomorrow - Hard Parts Over Though... Or Is It? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
CRYSTALTIPS Personally i find this hard to believe!!!! The Gash Barge 4
golden_rivet "...this is so hard ..." Current Affairs 17
P HARD ON Diamond Lil's 20
B YOUR HARD DRIVE Social & Reunions 10
DuraCell Swallow your pride and step up to the plate. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
SONAR-BENDER Spit or swallow? Diamond Lil's 9
bigbaddog Photo of a Naval Rating about to swallow a helicopter. The Gash Barge 1