Happy Veterans Day

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by rod-gearing, Jun 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just to wish all serving and retired veterans a Happy Veterans day for the 27th June 2008.

Best wishes to ALL forces and civillian people where ever they are serving.

Be safe and a swift and safe return home. :thumright:
  2. Perhaps we should all go up to known vets in the street, hug them and say: Happy Veterans Day mate! :thumright:

Thanks Rod.

I'll hug you all if you like. :w00t:
  3. I think it's brilliant that the Government has made such efforts to provide this opportunity to show the World how much it cares for and values the Armed Forces. In fact, it would be a shame to spoil the gesture by acknowledging it.

Best wishes and genuine gratitude to all who have and those who still do.
  4. I expect it will be front page headlines tomorrow in all the papers and the News on TV will be live at all the Street parties etc.

Gordon Brown will be shaking hands with all us old buggers live from Buck House

I can just see it now :pukel: :pukel: :pukel:
  5. I shall be wearing my token - but I doubt many in the building where I work will know what it means !

6. Plymouth Vetrans Day starts Friday with a memorial Service on Friday and a sail past on Plymouth Hoe on the Sunday with lots of other activitys for locals worth a visit

Diego Garcia veterans namely Seargearnt peppered have not submitted there plans yet no doubt they will be getting pissed at the house that Jack Built
  7. Anyone going to Blackpool for the national veterans day ?....Tomorrow.
  8. The ones marching in Stoke are to receive a specially commisioned mug,round about 600 on parade so the local rag states.

I shall of course be raising a glass or 6.

Unable to attend due to broken undercarriage.
  9. Hug my vets - will I fcuk - the barstewards just charged me a fortune to worm my muts
  10. Hydra Joe and task force North are up there by now Johne you can claim free beer vouchers from the SAMA stand

if you go have a brilliant day out
  11. :w00t:

Yes lets all of us have a GREAT VETERANS DAY.

To all my oppoes now like me in civvy Street - AVE IT LARGE!!

I will be in London Heathrow (fight permitting at 0655) Friday morning. I'll

drop my luggage and head into Traf Sq, and a pint or 2 !!!!! :dwarf: !?!? .

And then some good old scran, proper sausages, eggs, bacon, BITS and

TITS MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM .................. :hungry: :spam1:
  12. I Shall be Marching down Newcastles Northumberland St Tomorrow morning.
  13. Just hope theres not a recruitment drive for a modern day dads Army got sun tan lotion cant travel

I fell for the last one when they said the Falklands where in Scotland
  14. Free ..beer great. Only live 5 mins away. Hope to meet some R.R. mates here. :thumright:
  15. well Hydr Joe will be there he is the really ugly one
  16. Does he look like this :evil4:
  17. Happy Vets day to all.

Just to give everyone a laugh --- John (Permantan/Permagrin) Stapleton and Penny Smith (Britain's answer to Doris Day the eternal virgin) on GMTV at 0630 this fine sunny morn, still think the mobs get free accom and food !? John Nichol sorted 'em

18. Yeah I saw that in the Sentinel, but I too was unable to go. Don't think I missed much though.
  19. In answer to "thingy's" note, I was hugged by a not unattractive young lady, whilst walking towards Trafalgar Square. What a great start to the day I thought but it was not to be.

As it was the first "Vets Day" here in UK, would it be like those I've witnessed in the US and Canada, where (despite it being at times over the top) the general public hold thier (ex) servicemen/women in great esteem.

Here in the heart of London I thought there would have been a bit more than just appearances by the Grenadier Guards, the CDS, various associations (ie British Legion), MOD and various singing acts. My sense of disappointment, was heightened when an American couple asked me where was all the pomp that us Brits are supposedly good at.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Veterans Day concept, but really London you should and so easily could have done better.