Happy Birthday

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by SJRM_RN, Oct 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Happy birthday to all serving and former Royal Marines, wherever they may be around the globe. Another year of glorious and gallant history passes for our great Corps, and long may it continue!

We must also never forget those of our forebears who have paid the ultimate sacrifice and are currently having a hoofing time in the naked bar in the sky.

Per Mare Per Terram!
  2. ....."Three huzzahs and a double bumper for Royal on the red coated buggers birthday!!" roared Lucky Jack Aubury as he quaffed his post mutton, quail and oyster pie flaggon of small beer.
    "Indeed Captain, His Majesties Jollies are most indubitably blessed this day. 'though I warrant that once Boney and his cronies are finished the need for a Corps of Marines and dare I say it a Navy will be most closely exmined by the Members of the Palace of Westminster as the Nation forgets so soon the sacrifices of it's finest" replied Maturin as he reached for his violin.
    "Aye Stephen, a pox on the whoresons!" mused Jack as he turned to bellow towards the cabins galley "Killick, bring on the stilton and port my good fellow...Killick! Damn his eyes where is the jackanapes!"

From 'The Tattered Ensign of the Blue mainmast.' a recently unearthed unpublished manuscript.
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Happy rollmatting, Royals! :salut:

NZB: So can you spin us the dit about what happened in Chatham during the Battle of Medway in 1667? I'd love to hear some first-hand recollections from a veteran... :twisted:
  4. Happy Birthday Royal

get the wets in

wazza, scran, dhoby dust and flip flops!
  5. Happy Birthday to us.....................

6. 1667!! Are you calling me a sprog!

"Ah Mr Pepys, twas on the morn of June 9th in the year of '67 when that scourge of man, woman, child and raper of Jack Russels the cursed Dutchman visited our shores in hope of destroying the pride of the Royal Navy, laid up as it was in Chatham." grumbled the grizzled one legged, one eyed and toothless veteran of many a campaign to the noted diarist and Naval administrater.
    The faded yellow facings of his tattered frock coat denoted he had once been a member of that august band, The Duke of York and Albanys Maritime Regiment of Foot.....

An excerpt from the upcoming surefire bestseller 'Memoirs of a loblollyboy."
  7. sgtpepperband

"Encore! Encore!" :clap:
  8. The salt tang of the spray over the coaming washed away from his mind the memory of the disaster that was the raid on Al Bachkir, as 2nd Lt Peter Davidson-Smythe RM stared out from the bridge of the Fairmile 'D' MTB, with it's load of battle hardened Royal Marines, as it sped towards the coast of France on what he hoped would be his redeeming Commando action.
    His thoughts turned to his fiance, Daphne, a Leading WREN telex typist at Deal and he recalled with a stiring in his Battledress trousers their weekend in the ghastly B and B at Dover as Mr and Mrs Buffington....

Taken from '45 Seconds to imminent death' the latest bestseller from Douglas Reeperson

edited once by NZB.
  9. sgtpepperband

...reminded him of shenaigans down the Bottom Field, perhaps?! :? :lol:
  10. Ah the 'bottom field'

takes me back. Happy days! 8O

it was the same day in 1987 when i passed out

a double birthday it seems?

bottoms up to 'the family'
  11. Aye. Happy Birthday Royals.

I've left my top lip unshaved today and had a pint of 1664 to celebrate.
  12. Happy Birthday Royals, wherever you are, and many more to come.
  13. Happy Birthday Royal, there will be some mega hangovers tomorrow. :)
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

..and again this year.
  15. YOu mean Master and Commander to the kids.
  16. Ghastly indeed. Poor Daphne, sweet innoncent thing that she was, hadn't even heard the phrase "twos up" till that evening in the B & B...

"Gentlemen, the Corps"